No announcement yet.

RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, I'm buying into the Tommy Pham 30/30 hype this year...I think that there's a good reason that STL traded both Grichuk and Piscotty. They believe too...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I actually thought about Kenley.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Alright, I'm buying into the Tommy Pham 30/30 hype this year...I think that there's a good reason that STL traded both Grichuk and Piscotty. They believe too...
        I'm not going to say I disagree......but taking him this high means you better be right. Pham may have been one reason why they traded those two, but Piscotty has a very sick mother, disappointed greatly and had a long term deal, so he was expendable; they jerked Grichuk around a lot and he came out and asked for a trade the other day, so he may have rubbed some the wrong way.

I'm wary of Pham having a breakout year at age 29 and the fact he never put up anything close to numbers like this before. And for the record, there's a LOT of those guys in this draft!

Good luck, but I'm sure he'll be a guy I will be watching on other teams this year. If he proves to be the man, that's great, but I believe there's a high risk factor here.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          I'm not going to say I disagree......but taking him this high means you better be right. Pham may have been one reason why they traded those two, but Piscotty has a very sick mother, disappointed greatly and had a long term deal, so he was expendable; they jerked Grichuk around a lot and he came out and asked for a trade the other day, so he may have rubbed some the wrong way.

I'm wary of Pham having a breakout year at age 29 and the fact he never put up anything close to numbers like this before. And for the record, there's a LOT of those guys in this draft!

Good luck, but I'm sure he'll be a guy I will be watching on other teams this year. If he proves to be the man, that's great, but I believe there's a high risk factor here.
          Of course there's a high risk factor here, but there's also a high reward factor. Pham had a degenerative eye condition, had surgery, and now is extra vigilant in taking care of his vision. If, and I understand it's a big if, he's the player he was last year, he's literally a top 10 player. Great eye, power and speed...there's NOT a lot of those guys in the draft. I'm willing to take the chance...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Damn, was hoping for Corey Seager. He's a steal at #43 overall. Settled on Benintendi, who wasn't too shabby as a rookie.
            Are Benintendi and Betts that much different really? Almost went with Benintendi over DeGrom so clearly I think this was a good pick

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
              Are Benintendi and Betts that much different really? Almost went with Benintendi over DeGrom so clearly I think this was a good pick
              Betts has put up better numbers to this point. I like Benintendi but at this point a comparison to Betts seems
              speculative.

Comment

• I loved the Seager selection. I almost took him in round 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                  Betts has put up better numbers to this point. I like Benintendi but at this point a comparison to Betts seems
                  speculative.
                  We'll see. I own both in RJEL so followed them very closely last year. Betts came out ahead but Benintendi was right there with him most of the season. Clearly I think Betts is a mid 1st rounder so my view is more about Benintendi's upside than bringing Betts down.

Comment

• I really, really wanted to take Abreu and pair him with Votto and Judge. But I was really worried about what would happen with SPs, so I went with Darvish. I think I'm already regretting it.

I really like Jansen here, even though it's crazy to pick a closer in round 3. Getting 100-110 Ks from a closer is nice when most SPs are topping out at 150-160. I wasn't sure Kimbrel or Jansen would have made it to me in round 4.

Comment

• I saw Posey as the last catcher before a huge drop off, exacerbated by OBP.

Comment

I saw Posey as the last catcher before a huge drop off, exacerbated by OBP.
                        I was definitely taking Abreu or Posey if they'd been available.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Why do drafts slow down on the weekends? What the heck are you guys doing? You all have your phones 24/7!!
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• No idea. Been doing all my picks on my phone as the site works fine that way.

Comment

• Can't believe how far Cole and Nola and Schoop fell. They were all on my short list last round.

I had to pick Cutch - there's a lot that needs to go right, but there's a chance for .360 OBP, 25 HR and 10 steals, maybe even decent counting stats. He probably won't hit all of those marks, but maybe some of them. Who IS the Giants leadoff hitter anyway? I guess Dyson or LoCain if they sign them?

Comment

• An OBA format really hurts Schoop as .300 is very much in play.

Comment

Working...
                                X