RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
    It’s not position scarcity for Turner but SB scarcity. There are 3 players who are going to steal over 50 bases and only one that is 5 categories.
    To be clear you said "Way more SBs and more valuable position"

No need to hold you to that, this is just a friendly fantasy baseball discussion, but you were talking about defensive position, right? I'm not sure any other way to take that.

Comment

• Dude. This isn’t worth a debate. I’d take Turner if he were an OF, 2B, 1B, 3B you get the point. And all things being equal, yes I would split hairs taking a SS all day over an OF in a 17 team as I play in an 18 team league and OF depth is just a hair better than MI depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
        Dude. This isn’t worth a debate. I’d take Turner if he were an OF, 2B, 1B, 3B you get the point. And all things being equal, yes I would split hairs taking a SS all day over an OF in a 17 team as I play in an 18 team league and OF depth is just a hair better than MI depth.
        Calm down. Not worth of a "Dude" response. I think the positional scarcity debate is a great one to have.

Comment

• I say "dude" a lot so don't take anything by that fwiw

Comment

• Can't say I've had a great fantrax experience so far...I had the grey screen all day and couldn't access the room. Finally switched browsers from Chrome to Firefox and was able to get in...in the chatroom I saw that others were having issues as well.

Also not a fan of not having all teams listed in the draft queue either. Can it be that hard to get more than 15 teams listed?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I think Turner is fine at 4. I think the top 3 are the top 3 and after that it's a big mess. I would be really happy having the steals in the bag.

Is Scherzer over Kershaw a debate? Is it surprising that Max went first? I think if it was me I'd take Max first.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I think Turner is fine at 4. I think the top 3 are the top 3 and after that it's a big mess. I would be really happy having the steals in the bag.

Is Scherzer over Kershaw a debate? Is it surprising that Max went first? I think if it was me I'd take Max first.
                I'd agree with Scherzer passing Kershaw at this point in a draft. Kershaw has had injuries the past 2 season, and 3 out of the last 4 he's had less than 200 innings (one season by just a smidge). Max has had 200+ innings 5 years in a row, I'll take the durability with the quality.

Agree on Turner, he's a top 5 player if he stays healthy...only issue might be if he hits behind Eaton, it could take his steals down a notch if he's got a guy on base in front of him.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• I like the email notification.

I dont remember if there was a league log in and a team log in - I want to set this up on another computer - so i will check the thread

also is there and app

and sure why not pick Correa

Comment

• No app but the draft room works fine on my iPhone fwiw

Comment

• Wanted Correa, "settled" for Mookie

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Wanted Correa, "settled" for Mookie
                        Unless Correa starts running again I think you settled on the better pick

Comment

• I couldn't find a way to draft from the Fantrax app on my phone. I will pick from the website in a couple.

Comment

• Damn, I can't find a way to pass up Votto in an OBP league.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Damn, I can't find a way to pass up Votto in an OBP league.
                              No way that you should pass on him...I surely would have taken him if you hadn't. He almost wins you the OPB cat by himself, and then he adds huge contributions in 3 others...great pick.

I "settled" for Sale...while he's not likely to get 300 K's again, he'll still kill it in all categories.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                No way that you should pass on him...I surely would have taken him if you hadn't. He almost wins you the OPB cat by himself, and then he adds huge contributions in 3 others...great pick.

I "settled" for Sale...while he's not likely to get 300 K's again, he'll still kill it in all categories.
                                Yeah, Sale was the guy I wanted to take, the last of the 1st tier pitchers. But he's a Red Sock and Votto is Mr. Reliable OBP.

Comment

Working...
                                X