No announcement yet.

RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really hate waiting till pick 48 or later to get a pitcher. Just couldn't quite pull the trigger on Bum or Stras. I do like Bumgarner a lot though.

Comment

• I passed on SP since with the group left I can’t decide who I like more of that group. We’ll see if any are left or I may go offense again. Betting the 2H Bregman = 2018 Bregman

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
        I passed on SP since with the group left I can’t decide who I like more of that group. We’ll see if any are left or I may go offense again. Betting the 2H Bregman = 2018 Bregman
        I debated Dozier or Bregman. Went with more power
        ..i hope!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• bah, I set up a queue of one person because I only had the corner between my two picks, and Hoskins got taken.

I'm sure I'm irrational about Severino this year but he was fantastic last year (even by FIP/xFIP) and he's on a team that's going to score eight runs a game for him.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Soooo.
            Do i buck the typical draft strategy of hitter heavy in the early rounds and grab 2 SP in the first 3 picks?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Soooo.
              Do i buck the typical draft strategy of hitter heavy in the early rounds and grab 2 SP in the first 3 picks?
              I'm giving serious thought to it. Position scarcity might not be a thing, but SP scarcity is very real.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I'm giving serious thought to it. Position scarcity might not be a thing, but SP scarcity is very real.
                Sitting at pick 17 makes me realize why I hate snake drafts. 2 players in the top 50 picks means I could either choose a SP who isn't among the top 4 guys as my top pick, which seems sub-optimal, or wait until pick 51 to even consider pitching which is also terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Sitting at pick 17 makes me realize why I hate snake drafts. 2 players in the top 50 picks means I could either choose a SP who isn't among the top 4 guys as my top pick, which seems sub-optimal, or wait until pick 51 to even consider pitching which is also terrible.
                  Yep. The last few draft positions in a snake draft with this many teams can be really tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Just have to decide which one i like the most!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Just have to decide which one i like the most!
                      Well, you're up now if you hadn't noticed.

Comment

• I picked...

Comment

• I was very tempted to stay offense but then I just wasn’t sure how bad a position that would put me in with what might be left for SPs at my next pick. I was undecided between Carrasco, Severino, Thor and DeGrom so just took the one that was left.

Comment

• I think getting a bat in round 1 (preferably someone with AVG or steals) and then going SP in rounds 2 and 3 is a good strategy. Hell, I wouldn't mind tripling up on SPs. I'd love to try that strategy with Altuve. Then just load up on slow power bats in rounds 5-10.

Of course, being on the other side of round 1, I don't like the way the SPs fall nearly as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I think getting a bat in round 1 (preferably someone with AVG or steals) and then going SP in rounds 2 and 3 is a good strategy. Hell, I wouldn't mind tripling up on SPs. I'd love to try that strategy with Altuve. Then just load up on slow power bats in rounds 5-10.

Of course, being on the other side of round 1, I don't like the way the SPs fall nearly as much.
                              I'm trying!
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Damn, was hoping for Corey Seager. He's a steal at #43 overall. Settled on Benintendi, who wasn't too shabby as a rookie.

Comment

Working...
                                X