No announcement yet.

2K17: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree, Knebel with the higher ceiling.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Dyson to the DL with a hand bruise (from trying to field Jarrod Dyson's hit up the middle bare-handed) and Keona Kela has been recalled.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Saves speculating.... Kelley or Knebl for rest of season?
        be like me and own both!
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Dyson to the DL with a hand bruise (from trying to field Jarrod Dyson's hit up the middle bare-handed) and Keona Kela has been recalled.
          They must have scoured the film long and hard to come up with something!

Comment

• Not surprising, but Bush to get 1st shot at closing...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Not surprising, but Bush to get 1st shot at closing...
              I was wrong here in my speculation that Banister would not go with Bush and would instead go with a closer with experience.

The interesting news is that Bush will both be closing and be limited on his usage patterns (for example it sounds like he won't be used in 3 games in a row).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I like Knebel. It might take awhile, but I think he is saving games, one way or the other, by the trade deadline.
                I was on the Knebel bandwagon before the season as well, and he's looked good this year but Feliz doesn't seem to want to give up the job - he's looked good as well.

Comment

• as someone who has both Bush and Brach in his AL Only league and didn't draft a closer, I'm liking how this week is working out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    as someone who has both Bush and Brach in his AL Only league and didn't draft a closer, I'm liking how this week is working out.
                    Greetings, from a guy with Britton and Dyson, in my league.
                    :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I was on the Knebel bandwagon before the season as well, and he's looked good this year but Feliz doesn't seem to want to give up the job - he's looked good as well.
                      Feliz has looked really good. Not only has his velocity been excellent, but his command has been very impressive. All that said, if the Brewers aren't in contention come the AS Break, Feliz will almost certainly be dealt. OTOH, if on the slim chance they are in the running for a playoff spot, Attansio has stated in a recent in-game interview they will not break up the bullpen.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Feliz has looked really good. Not only has his velocity been excellent, but his command has been very impressive. All that said, if the Brewers aren't in contention come the AS Break, Feliz will almost certainly be dealt. OTOH, if on the slim chance they are in the running for a playoff spot, Attansio has stated in a recent in-game interview they will not break up the bullpen.
                        Feliz back to Texas sure would make sense but that assumes Texas can stay in contention for a while...

Comment

• Im watching Treinen completely unable to throw a strike on one screen and Oh completely unable to get a pitch by anybody on the other. There is little chance Treinen makes it another week as closer imo. He was turrrrible.

Comment

• Kelley with the SV, and warmed up last night if there was one.
                            but seems like Glover would get tomorrow, and Dusty is a weird manager. Monitor.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              Im watching Treinen completely unable to throw a strike on one screen and Oh completely unable to get a pitch by anybody on the other. There is little chance Treinen makes it another week as closer imo. He was turrrrible.
                              Kelley should have been named the closer all along. To not name someone the closer because you think he might get hurt just doesn't make sense.

I have Kelley and Rosenthal in my NL only so to hear that Treinen and Oh are not doing well is wonderful. Of course I can't find a spot for Rosenthal in my lineup and we don't have a bench so I have until the 24th to do something with him.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                Kelley should have been named the closer all along. To not name someone the closer because you think he might get hurt just doesn't make sense.

I have Kelley and Rosenthal in my NL only so to hear that Treinen and Oh are not doing well is wonderful. Of course I can't find a spot for Rosenthal in my lineup and we don't have a bench so I have until the 24th to do something with him.
                                The only problem here is that Rosenthal definitely stinks...Kelley just might too. This has to be a David Robertson/Nate Jones type of situation (ie find a prospect to give the ChiSox) in both cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X