Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    How much?
    Probably not more than $5-$7, but in a league where teams are closer-starved, that might not win him.

Comment

• And Norris gets the first LAA save post-Bedrosian.
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        And Norris gets the first LAA save post-Bedrosian.
        Closer Monkey speculates Parker:

Los Angeles Angels – Cam Bedrosian was placed on the DL yesterday afternoon, and Bud Norris got the first save chance in his absence, converting the opportunity. At least one beat writer thinks this makes Norris the closer going forward, and his successful save makes that a strong possibility. Our choice would still be Blake Parker, though, who was unavailable after throwing 2 innings and 33 pitches on Friday night. We’ll see how things shake out.

Updated hierarchy: *Parker | Norris | Yates.
        * = closer-by-committee

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          for background, The Dane and I have never met, but we have been separated-at-birth NL-only Roto players for about 15 years here. so it figures that 3,000 miles apart, we would slow-play both.
          It's been a lot of years of agreeing on shit. I hope my marriage has as much agreement 15 years down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
            Closer Monkey speculates Parker:

Los Angeles Angels – Cam Bedrosian was placed on the DL yesterday afternoon, and Bud Norris got the first save chance in his absence, converting the opportunity. At least one beat writer thinks this makes Norris the closer going forward, and his successful save makes that a strong possibility. Our choice would still be Blake Parker, though, who was unavailable after throwing 2 innings and 33 pitches on Friday night. We’ll see how things shake out.

Updated hierarchy: *Parker | Norris | Yates.
            * = closer-by-committee
            Parker came into today's game in the 6th inning today (and struck out the side), with LAA leading 1-0.
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Originally posted by kawaise View Post
              Parker came into today's game in the 6th inning today (and struck out the side), with LAA leading 1-0.
              Scioscia should let him start striking out the side in the 9th.

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• I'm happy Oh is rounding into form. He had a great week for me. But I am worried about what I perceive to be a continued pattern of overuse/abuse for him. I recall he was thrown out there a lot last year 2-3 days in a row, even when he was racking up as much as 30 pitches an outing. He never threw more than 20 in his b2b2b this week, but I do worry about his long term health if this usage continues.

Comment

• Koda Glover with 2 saves in a row...Kelley didn't pitch on Friday or Saturday, so he was probable able to go, but Glover got Sundays save...good luck everybody!
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Koda Glover with 2 saves in a row...Kelley didn't pitch on Friday or Saturday, so he was probable able to go, but Glover got Sundays save...good luck everybody!
                    Kelley did pitch Friday as well as Thursday. But. ya who knows how this will go.

Mike Rizzo was saying md-week that he expects a single closer to "emerge" as the season goes along. He praised all of his guys as being capable and even mentioned Solis in the mix, presumably for a Freeman bases loaded situation. He also mentioned that Kelley has the best "numbers" of any reliever in baseball over the last few years and said we could "look it up".

Seems like any number of ways are possible. Kelley as the main guy, Glover when Kelley has been busy. Glover all the way. Trade for an established guy. With Rizzo saying that he expects a single guy to emerge my bet is on Glover with Kelley deemed most valuable for tough 8th inning jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post

Seems like any number of ways are possible. Kelley as the main guy, Glover when Kelley has been busy. Glover all the way. Trade for an established guy. With Rizzo saying that he expects a single guy to emerge my bet is on Glover with Kelley deemed most valuable for tough 8th inning jobs.
                      This is my default assumption with most bullpens in flux on teams who are contenders--that whoever emerges, it is likely that the team will look to trade for a better/more established option eventually. But I wonder if the Papelbon/Storen fiasco will make them wary of that.

Comment

• Good point about Papelbon and Storen.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                          Kelley did pitch Friday as well as Thursday. But. ya who knows how this will go.

Mike Rizzo was saying md-week that he expects a single closer to "emerge" as the season goes along. He praised all of his guys as being capable and even mentioned Solis in the mix, presumably for a Freeman bases loaded situation. He also mentioned that Kelley has the best "numbers" of any reliever in baseball over the last few years and said we could "look it up".

Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM reports that the Nationals have been in touch with several teams about their closers.
                          Bowden writes that the Nationals believe Koda Glover can be their long-term answer at closer, but they aren't sure he's ready right now. Not surprisingly, Bowden mentions White Sox closer David Robertson and Rays closer Alex Colome among the possible trade options, but he adds that they haven't been able to meet either team's lofty asking prices. We expect to hear more about this situation as the season moves along.
                          Related: Nationals, Alex Colome
                          Source: ESPN.comApr 24 - 1:21 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM reports that the Nationals have been in touch with several teams about their closers.
                            Bowden writes that the Nationals believe Koda Glover can be their long-term answer at closer, but they aren't sure he's ready right now. Not surprisingly, Bowden mentions White Sox closer David Robertson and Rays closer Alex Colome among the possible trade options, but he adds that they haven't been able to meet either team's lofty asking prices. We expect to hear more about this situation as the season moves along.
                            Related: Nationals, Alex Colome
                            Source: ESPN.comApr 24 - 1:21 PM
                            I heard this today. I grabbed Jones in a league where I have Johnson and Feliz. Is Farq next in line in TB?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Norris w the save again tonite, w only a 1-run lead. A bit shaky as he let the 1st 2 hitters get on but then got the next 3 outs including a timely DP. Parker wasnt used at all. I picked up Norris in 1 of my leagues for only $36 FAAB w a $1000 budget, so I'm pleased. I dont feel very confident but I'm hopeful.

Comment

• In case Osuna keeps going the way he's going in TOR...

Grilli or Biagini? Grilli has the proverbial "closing experience" but Biagini has been pretty great.

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                                X