No announcement yet.

2K17: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosenthal is not available in any of my leagues because he was Koda Glover's replacement.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Interesting... Devenski with a 7 out save in a 2-1 HOU win today.

And Osuna and Kimbrell both suck it up in the 9th in their tied game.

Comment

• Benoit pitched the 8th. Neris in for the save. Change already?

Comment

• I have Kelley and Neris for a buck each. why fight it? #yearoftheJudge
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Benoit pitched the 8th. Neris in for the save. Change already?
            Seems like a few teams are buying in to non-designated closer this year. Probably more of this to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
              Seems like a few teams are buying in to non-designated closer this year. Probably more of this to come.
              Mackinin is old school and likes to have a designated guy, which makes this unannounced move surprising. I read one online comment that maybe it was because the meat of the order was up in the 8th, but I'm not buying that. But as a Benoit owner in two leagues, I'm a little saddened today.

Comment

Mackinin is old school and likes to have a designated guy, which makes this unannounced move surprising. I read one online comment that maybe it was because the meat of the order was up in the 8th, but I'm not buying that. But as a Benoit owner in two leagues, I'm a little saddened today.
                me too, but I'm not ready to dump him just yet ... need a couple more save situations to clarify the situation ...
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  I have Kelley and Neris for a buck each. why fight it? #yearoftheJudge
                  Same boat for me. Yesterday was a fun day.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    Same boat for me. Yesterday was a fun day.
                    and today! 2 more SV

for background, The Dane and I have never met, but we have been separated-at-birth NL-only Roto players for about 15 years here. so it figures that 3,000 miles apart, we would slow-play both. I am sure I named Kelley earlier; I knew I could lock out the room at 5 if necessary, was shocked by crickets. there was no competition left when I named Neris.

lotta baseball left, though

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Kelly cost $3, Neris $6 in our league. In our AL only some of the closers in waiting cost $10!

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        It does seem that way. In my NL 10 team league Neris was a keeper at $2, Rondon $1, Kelley keeper $1, Reed keeper $4, Capps and Ottavino both $8, Knebbel keeper $1, Vizcaino $3. Rest of potential closers were selected in the reserve/farm draft.

Comment

• Bedrosian to the DL. Parker and Norris to close in his absence. Is either worth a pickup?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• someone named Enny Romero got 5 easy outs for the Nats tonight, only one out away from a 3-1 win and his SV.
                            here comes Glover to toss a beach ball to D'Arnaud that gets caught at the warning track, so very impressive 1-out SV.

trivia: Dusty Baker debuted in the majors the year before the save rule was made official and before the Padres, Royals, Expos, and Pilots joined MLB.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Bedrosian to the DL. Parker and Norris to close in his absence. Is either worth a pickup?
                              Parker had a huge spring and was striking our everyone in sight. I'd put a claim in on him.

Comment

Parker had a huge spring and was striking our everyone in sight. I'd put a claim in on him.
                                How much?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X