No announcement yet.

2K17: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Wilson blows one for the Tigers. I think he'll be fine, but good lord that closer job is cursed.

Comment

• Greg Holland w his 18th save today. W 3/4 of the season left, he already has passed FG Steamer's projection for saves in 2017.

Also, Knebel is really looking good at closer (another sv today).

Comment

• Seattle: Dipoto talked up Pazos a bit more than others on Sirius this morning. Hmmmm....
        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
        UTIL- Benintendi
        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
        IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
          Seattle: Dipoto talked up Pazos a bit more than others on Sirius this morning. Hmmmm....
          Went and picked him up in my two daily leagues. Also, per Knebel, he does look good. Followup in the Brewers thread.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• What are the long term prospects of Burdi and Pazos? Burdi was just dropped and I want to stash him. Pazos is a FA so I could put a bid on him. Thoughts?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              What are the long term prospects of Burdi and Pazos? Burdi was just dropped and I want to stash him. Pazos is a FA so I could put a bid on him. Thoughts?
              DiPoto certainly talked him up in an interview the other day (EDIT -- I see this was talked about, above, lol) , making it seem he was the choice, but then Vincent got the first crack. It's probably fleeting anyway as Diaz looked good yesterday and I expect him to regain the role quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                DiPoto certainly talked him up in an interview the other day (EDIT -- I see this was talked about, above, lol) , making it seem he was the choice, but then Vincent got the first crack. It's probably fleeting anyway as Diaz looked good yesterday and I expect him to regain the role quickly.
                Yeah (Diaz owner here), I think that Revo is correct. He wasn't rushing himself, and man, his stuff is dynamic. I'd guess that they give him 4-5 more games like that just to set the mechanics in as solidly as possible...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Mariners manager Scott Servais confirmed Edwin Diaz is close to regaining closer duties.
                  Servais was impressed with his performance Friday against the White Sox (2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 Ks) but said he'd like to see one more clean outing before putting Diaz back in the ninth inning. "We'll take one more good one and see where we're at," he said. "I feel very confident that if he keeps moving in that direction, he'll be back doing the ninth inning solo and we can get back to him being our anchor." If by some miracle Diaz is still available in your league, now would be the time to go grab him.
                  Source: mariners.mlb.comMay 20 - 10:53 PM

LOL to the guy in my league who blew $51 of his $150 FAAB budget on Tony Zych and Nick Vincent.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    What are the long term prospects of Burdi and Pazos? Burdi was just dropped and I want to stash him. Pazos is a FA so I could put a bid on him. Thoughts?
                    I bought Pazos in my 12 team AL only keeper 5x5 for 2 bucks on 5/11.

Comment

• although I agree with the general expectation that Washington will trade for a closer if necessary (although with nobody close to them in the NL East standings maybe there's no hurry), Glover got the 1.1 inning save today in a one-run game. Over the last week, Glover has a 0 ERA, but 5 hits in 3 innings, and everyone else has been awful (Albers 4.91, Treinen 6.00, Romero 8.31, Kelley 11.57).
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        although I agree with the general expectation that Washington will trade for a closer if necessary (although with nobody close to them in the NL East standings maybe there's no hurry), Glover got the 1.1 inning save today in a one-run game. Over the last week, Glover has a 0 ERA, but 5 hits in 3 innings, and everyone else has been awful (Albers 4.91, Treinen 6.00, Romero 8.31, Kelley 11.57).
                        I feel Glover is going to be winner here, provided they dont trade?
                        He's available in my league.
                        I have Kinztler, Knebel, Brach, Norris and Bedrossian (DL).
                        Is Glover a safer bet than some of the below?
                        Most of those I expect to lose their job in coming weeks.

Comment

• Glover might have an edge for the job now, however, he really hasn't shown the ability to keep it. Right now, he appears to be the best of a bad bunch and I wouldn't be surprised at all if WAS made a move for a closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            Glover might have an edge for the job now, however, he really hasn't shown the ability to keep it. Right now, he appears to be the best of a bad bunch and I wouldn't be surprised at all if WAS made a move for a closer.
                            Agreed. The last thing they'd want is to blow a shot at a title over a bad closing situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
                              I feel Glover is going to be winner here, provided they dont trade?
                              He's available in my league.
                              I have Kinztler, Knebel, Brach, Norris and Bedrossian (DL).
                              Is Glover a safer bet than some of the below?
                              Most of those I expect to lose their job in coming weeks.
                              Maybe Brach, who hasn't been great. Agree with the Dane - WAS won't go into the playoffs without upgrading at closer, so ROS I don't think Glover is better than the others you have.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I was thinking maybe Jim Johnson to WAS would make sense, but in checking Johnson's contract, he's only getting $4.5m for this year and next year, so is there a reason why Atlanta would deal him like many expected they would?

Comment

Working...
                                X