No announcement yet.

2K17: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Kimbrel today...5 innings, 5 K's. In the 9th, 9 pitches, 9 strikes, and 3 outs. An Immaculate inning...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Craig Kimbrel today...5 innings, 5 K's. In the 9th, 9 pitches, 9 strikes, and 3 outs. An Immaculate inning...
      Actually it was 1 2/3 IP, not 5, but we get your drift.....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Actually it was 1 2/3 IP, not 5, but we get your drift.....
        5 outs...yeah, not innings. Duh me...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Iglesias w another save tonite. Tonite's save was a little shaky as he gave up 2 hits and let the tie run get to 3B (maybe he took it too easy since he only had to pitch 1 inning ). But mainly, he's been money. 0.93 ERA, sub-1.00 WHIP >1K per IP. 7-7 in sv opps.

Holland w another sv, his 15th, which is 5 more than anyone else in MLB. His FG Steamer projection for the entire year was just 17 svs.

Bad blown sv for Maurer tonite w 4 ER. But his job supposedly is not in jeopardy.

Giles almost blew the sv tonite but the tie run was thrown out trying to score.
          Last edited by rhd; 05-12-2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            Mets Medical staff is recommending a circumcision to fix it...
            And in other news Mets are considering promoting Tim Tebow.

Comment

• My family and friends leagues uses holds and saves as separate categories. My 2 holds guys? Brad Brach and Addison Reed.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                My family and friends leagues uses holds and saves as separate categories. My 2 holds guys? Brad Brach and Addison Reed.
                Ha. That's funny. A rare circumstance where having your pitchers become closers is a BAD thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  My family and friends leagues uses holds and saves as separate categories. My 2 holds guys? Brad Brach and Addison Reed.
                  I also own both, but am happy for the saves.

Comment

• Brewers manager Craig Counsell said of his closer situation Friday that "we're going to give Neftali Feliz a break back there and get him right."
                    Counsell also added that "Corey Knebel has been outstanding," so it sounds like the next save chance will probably go to Knebel. Feliz has notched eight saves in nine tries this season but holds a 6.19 ERA and has already surrendered five home runs. Knebel, meanwhile, boasts a 1.00 ERA and 29/8 K/BB ratio over 18 relief innings. He needs to be scooped up in leagues where he's still available.
                    Source: MLB Network Radio on TwitterMay 12 - 4:46 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Brewers manager Craig Counsell said of his closer situation Friday that "we're going to give Neftali Feliz a break back there and get him right."
                      Counsell also added that "Corey Knebel has been outstanding," so it sounds like the next save chance will probably go to Knebel. Feliz has notched eight saves in nine tries this season but holds a 6.19 ERA and has already surrendered five home runs. Knebel, meanwhile, boasts a 1.00 ERA and 29/8 K/BB ratio over 18 relief innings. He needs to be scooped up in leagues where he's still available.
                      Source: MLB Network Radio on TwitterMay 12 - 4:46 PM
                      This would be another score for me, as I gambled on Wilson and Knebel. However, I'm now in a position of wanting to move one, as I don't need all these closers. This happens every year and I end up selling pennies on the dollar, because I don't want to move more established guys and everyone in my league is really cautious in giving anything to acquire a newly annointed, tenuous closer. I might just wait it out this time. I don't want to sell low again on the next Zach Britton (man, did I try to talk him up the year he took over, to no avail...ended up trading him for a near replacement level power bat that I released a month latter).

Comment

• Mets announced Familia underwent surgery today and will miss "several months."

David Cone had this same issue in 1996 and missed 4 months, so I would assume Familia is done for the season.

Comment

• Bad outing for Casilla tonite and also a headscratcher. Blew a 2-1 lead, then gave up a 3-run HR to Gallo to lose it. Only got 1 out. All 4 runs were earned. 1B was open in the matchup w Gallo. Why he didnt walk him and pitch to DeShields w the force play at every base seems a big mystery. Gallo is hitting only .203 but it was his 12th HR.

Comment

• Jared Hughes, not Knebel, gets the save tonite for Milw. Retired both batters he faced.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Jared Hughes, not Knebel, gets the save tonite for Milw. Retired both batters he faced.
                              I wouldn't read too much into it. The save op snuck up on the team suddenly--they had a 5 run lead heading into the 9th. Maybe Knebel just wasn't ready to go at the time, as they did not anticipate using their new closer in that game.
                              Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-12-2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Maybe Knebel just wasn't ready to go at the time, as they did not anticipate using their new closer in that game.
                                Knebel threw over 40 pitches the night before. Barnes started the 9th but couldn't finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X