2K17: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chacon was an All-Star in 2003, 11-8 with a 4.60 ERA in 23 starts

he was 2-16 for the Rockies in 2004-05 until being dealt in mid-2005 to the Yankees, where he went 7-3 as a starter with a 2.85 ERA because why wouldn't he

Chacon went 5-3 with a 7.00 ERA in 2006 before the Yankees tricked the Pirates into acquiring him
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Britton to the DL with forearm tightness. Brach steps in I assume

Comment

• Jose Mesa had 24 saves in 2003 with a 6.52 ERA and 1.76 WHIP.

Antonio Alfonseca actually led the majors in saves with 45 in 2000, but also had a 4.24 ERA and 1.52 WHIP.

Derrick Turnbow had 24 saves in 2006 with a 6.87 ERA and 1.69 WHIP. Heck, he even made the All-Star team that year!

Comment

• wow - Dyson is bad right now

I got three cheap reliever wins today but this collection of walks - turning into a blown save - turning into a loss is BRUTAL

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Jose Mesa had 24 saves in 2003 with a 6.52 ERA and 1.76 WHIP.

Antonio Alfonseca actually led the majors in saves with 45 in 2000, but also had a 4.24 ERA and 1.52 WHIP.

Derrick Turnbow had 24 saves in 2006 with a 6.87 ERA and 1.69 WHIP. Heck, he even made the All-Star team that year!
            Some great flashback names there, revo. Owned all of them at one time or another. "Joe Table" was maddening. Have to admit I love that joke about Alfonseca being twice the man Mordecai Brown was (6 fingers vs. 3).

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              wow - Dyson is bad right now
              So is the manager that keeps running him out there in save situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                So is the manager that keeps running him out there in save situations.
                I think that's pretty well over now...Bush pitched today and had 3 k's in his inning pitched, 11 pitches. I'm guessing that Bush owners are going to be pretty happy...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Have to admit I love that joke about Alfonseca being twice the man Mordecai Brown was (6 fingers vs. 3).
                  I scored it as 12 vs. 8
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Bush's shoulder troubles are behind him. I saw him hit 97-98 with his fastballs yesterday.

Dyson blew that save yet a ball never left the infield. Infield hit, blown sac bunt coverage, IBB, FC, and then another infield single. Crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Bush's shoulder troubles are behind him. I saw him hit 97-98 with his fastballs yesterday.
                      Agree, although I've heard they are going to monitor his usage carefully going forward.

Comment

• Is there anything to worry about with Benoit? He blew the save in spectacular fashion yesterday, but I think maybe they give him a pass on this one since it was Bryce Harper. But how many more passes does he have?

Comment

• Saves speculating.... Kelley or Knebl for rest of season?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            Saves speculating.... Kelley or Knebl for rest of season?
                            I like Knebel. It might take awhile, but I think he is saving games, one way or the other, by the trade deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                              Saves speculating.... Kelley or Knebl for rest of season?
                              Good question.

I, too, would probably go with Knebel, but if both Feliz and Treinen stay in the roles, I could see Kelley sneaking in more here and there (better team, more fluid roles in pen). So, I'd say that Kelley is the surer bet to get 10 saves, but Knebel is probably the better play to get 20 or more, if that makes any damn sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                                Good question.

I, too, would probably go with Knebel, but if both Feliz and Treinen stay in the roles, I could see Kelley sneaking in more here and there (better team, more fluid roles in pen). So, I'd say that Kelley is the surer bet to get 10 saves, but Knebel is probably the better play to get 20 or more, if that makes any damn sense.
                                lol...ya, I hear you. Floor/ceiling thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X