2K17: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    The only problem here is that Rosenthal definitely stinks...Kelley just might too. This has to be a David Robertson/Nate Jones type of situation (ie find a prospect to give the ChiSox) in both cases.
    I agree. The Nats are too smart to let their chances dissipate because of a bad closer situation. Robertson will be a Nat by June.

Comment

The only problem here is that Rosenthal definitely stinks...
      Does he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Does he?
        How soon we forget the absolute dumpster fire he was last year. 3 appearances with 1 ER in 2017 erases all that?

Comment

• Nationals manager Dusty Baker confirmed late Tuesday that there will likely be a change at closer.
          "This ain't working," said Baker in his postgame chat with the media. Blake Treinen was pulled from a save opportunity after walking in a run Tuesday night against the Braves and Shawn Kelley went on to finish out the 3-1 win. Kelley comes with some workload limitations, but he's probably the guy to own right now in the Washington bullpen.
          Source: Jamal Collier on TwitterApr 18 - 11:23 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I agree. The Nats are too smart to let their chances dissipate because of a bad closer situation. Robertson will be a Nat by June.
            Please dont let it be Juan Soto going the other way.

Comment

How soon we forget the absolute dumpster fire he was last year. 3 appearances with 1 ER in 2017 erases all that?
              I get what you're saying, but he was awfully good before 2016, too, which is where I think Ken's coming from. So, if you're assessing him, do you believe the pitching improvements (better velocity, sharper breaking ball movement) mean you're gonna get good 2015 Trevor or not?
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I get what you're saying, but he was awfully good before 2016, too, which is where I think Ken's coming from. So, if you're assessing him, do you believe the pitching improvements (better velocity, sharper breaking ball movement) mean you're gonna get good 2015 Trevor or not?
                This.

I'm quietly trying to buy up a couple shares of Rosenthal for cheap in the hopes that he returns to 2015 form. It's hard to believe, but he is only 27, and he was an very good closer for 2 years. Why should we assume that he cannot return to form? He's still hitting 98...

Comment

• And just like that Rosenthal goes and gets a save.

I guess I won't be picking him up "quietly" anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    And just like that Rosenthal goes and gets a save.

I guess I won't be picking him up "quietly" anymore.
                    I knew you would post this. I actually can get him in both leagues where I have Oh (plan to)...but he got the save today because Oh pitched 2 days in a row.

Comment

I knew you would post this. I actually can get him in both leagues where I have Oh (plan to)...but he got the save today because Oh pitched 2 days in a row.
                      Yup, he's only getting the opportunity today because Oh had 46 pitches the last two days. But it at minimum shows he's trusted in a 2-1 game. Considering Oh has allowed at least 2 hits in 5 of his 6 outings so far, Rosenthal is someone I'm targetting. But you knew that already!

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Feliz has looked really good. Not only has his velocity been excellent, but his command has been very impressive. All that said, if the Brewers aren't in contention come the AS Break, Feliz will almost certainly be dealt. OTOH, if on the slim chance they are in the running for a playoff spot, Attansio has stated in a recent in-game interview they will not break up the bullpen.
                        Knebel looked bad today, necessitating Feliz to come in early. Then Felix melted down in the ninth.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Dusty announces Glover & Kelley to split save chances going forward.

Comment

• Treinen went for 29 in my league, Glover for 4, Kelley for 1.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              Treinen went for 29 in my league, Glover for 4, Kelley for 1.
                              Wow!!! Thats a ton of $$$ to spend on a pitcher who loses his job mid-way through April. In my main league he went for $19.

Comment

• yeah, I only have 1 SV so far but for 8 units I got Kelley, Knebel, Neris, and DHudson. and there's always dumping season. first time in many years I didn't have a cheap closer to freeze, but I'll be patient.

went 11 for Feliz, who was sold for 12, but 13 wouldn't have been enough and already I am leery there...
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X