7: 1980 1989
    6: 1984 1992
    5: 1981 1993
    4: 1985 1990
    3: 1986 1987 1988 1994 1995 1997 1998
    2: 1982 1983 1996
    1: 1999

In case you find it interesting.
    1980 isn't surprising given that it was the final year many 70's acts release decent material ... and many the New Wave / Post-Punk bands were in their prime.

1989/1991 not a shock either. Lot's of my picks and "arrghs" will be in that range.

Comment

• Couldn't mention before, but Speaking In Tongues was the record I thought Swampdragon had picked when he took Stop Making Sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Couldn't mention before, but Speaking In Tongues was the record I thought Swampdragon had picked when he took Stop Making Sense.
        So now you Start Making Sense....finally.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Couldn't mention before, but Speaking In Tongues was the record I thought Swampdragon had picked when he took Stop Making Sense.
          Now you know why I didn't object to his pick...
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            So now you Start Making Sense....finally.
            In fairness it was 5am

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              6.10 The Traveling Wilburys, Vol. 1 (1988)
              LOL. I literally had that typed in, was ready to click Submit, then thought "This has a better chance of making it back around than Speaking In Tongues. Ah, well, nice pick, we both win.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                LOL. I literally had that typed in, was ready to click Submit, then thought "This has a better chance of making it back around than Speaking In Tongues. Ah, well, nice pick, we both win.
                That's funny because I had been planning to take something else all along and then changed it at the last minute. Speaking In Tongues was on my list too.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Couldn't agree more. Nothing's Shocking is a superior album to Ritual de lo Habitual, imo, but Ritual had some special meaning for me personally.

Nothing's Shocking is, dare I say, beautiful. It runs the whole gamut from melancholy (Jane Says) to hopeful (Summertime Rolls) to aspirational (Ocean Size) to, well, shocking (Ted, Just Admit It). Just a really powerful album in every way. I'm going to listen to it right now.
                  Sheep, care to comment? I too think they're both awesome albums, too close to call, but if I had to choose only one, I'd take Ritual.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Last time Jane's Addiction was in town, I got backstage passes so we got to watch them up close doing a couple warm-up songs. Farrell's voice is shot but it was still awesome.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Sheep, care to comment? I too think they're both awesome albums, too close to call, but if I had to choose only one, I'd take Ritual.
                      and I'd take "Nothing's Shocking".....seeing them at the Fillmore on the album tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen, and probably the most stage diving I've seen away from Gilman (an old Berkeley punk venue)
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Shocking is the better album, Ritual is the one I prefer. But you're right... it's so close.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Sheep, care to comment?
                          Meh. Not a fan. Sacrilege, I know. Crucify me.

Comment

• I can't fight this feeling anymore. Where's the Foriegner, REO Speedwagon, Boston, Starship!

This isn't an 80's draft.

Comment

I can't fight this feeling anymore. Where's the Foriegner, REO Speedwagon, Boston, Starship!

Are you as Cold as Ice or do you Have a Fever of a hundred and three ?
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I can't fight this feeling anymore. Where's the Foriegner, REO Speedwagon, Boston, Starship!

One of those is on my list. Boston is more 70's...
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X