*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revo my man!!

Moving Pictures is flawless. Side 1 (yeah i'm sort of old) is one of the greatest sides of music in rock and roll.

I always liked Billy Squier. Made solid pop/rock.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Mith takes the Cult, Revo takes Rush, Anarchy I say!
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        REVO

I got to give you credit for picking what you like and telling those music snobs to ... off

5.01......"Don't Say No," Billy Squier
        I've never heard any music critic give a bad review to Squier's early 80s albums. So what music snob here has an issue with Squier?

Now as far as Rush, well, that's kind of well documented here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          I've been wondering what mjl stands for... now I know the m stands for motherfu....

I realized just now I have no idea what tastes in music some of you have.
          It's just initials. I am lame. Also I didn't realize I would be spending so much time here :P

I've picked Paul Simon, Public Enemy, Sublime, and They Might Be Giants. At some point maybe this will collapse into something that approximates a pattern but it may be a while.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I've never heard any music critic give a bad review to Squier's early 80s albums. So what music snob here has an issue with Squier?

OK - maybe just me

Comment

Revo old pal... you've forgotten the career-killing "Rock Me Tonight" video:

What the hell was he thinking?
              One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Nebraska has introduced a new category of Diablo'ing ... "albums I should probably have picked, but didn't properly realize it until it's too late."

But could I have picked it before Loveless, In Utero or Siamese Dream? Didn't want to gamble on Loveless and In Utero and Siamese Dream were insane value.

This is tough.

Comment

Less of an issue, more of a lack of knowledge. The first couple of years of the 80s are lost to me.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Nebraska has introduced a new category of Diablo'ing ... "albums I should probably have picked, but didn't properly realize it until it's too late."

But could I have picked it before Loveless, In Utero or Siamese Dream? Didn't want to gamble on Loveless and In Utero and Siamese Dream were insane value.

This is tough.
                    Value? Wait... there is a scoring system?
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Heyelander was here until it was his time to pick.

My guess is that he saw the Billy Squier pick, tore up his cheat sheet, and went for a long walk to calm down.

Comment

• you took too long to photoshop that... my pick was already up when you posted it.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          you took too long to photoshop that... my pick was already up when you posted it.
                          Saw that ... I found a better pic and went back and changed it

Nice pick. Another record that suffers from the "Billy Corgan Effect" ... great record, but Courtney Love has become such a caricature,some people can't take it seriously.

Frank Blackesque howl

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            Value? Wait... there is a scoring system?
                            You haven't got a spreadsheet running?

Comment

• Imagine getting into a domestic with Courtney Love circa 1994

Hide the skillet.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Nice pick. Another record that suffers from the "Billy Corgan Effect" ... great record, but Courtney Love has become such a caricature,some people can't take it seriously.
                                Somehow I can disassociate this album with all her other antics.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X