X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respectable was also on my list.

Pick up in a minute.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• "Respectable" provided the most memorable moment from when the Stones hosted and played on Saturday Night Live in 1978 -- during an instrumental break, Mick went over to Ron Wood and licked him on the face.

The musical performance itself (which also included Beast of Burden and Shattered) was a bust. Mick's voice sounded terrible and the playing was flat. There's a file on Youtube of the audio from all three songs, but it's not worth listening to unless you're really just that curious.

Mick was good in a sketch where he was interviewed by Dan Aykroyd playing Tom Snyder, but the funniest part was Snyder trying to, uh, move like Jagger.

The 60-minute cut I have seen of this show has Stones in just one other sketch -- Ronnie and Charlie are extras in an Olympia Diner ("Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger!") sketch. Keith was supposed to be in a sketch, but it was cut because he had one line and couldn't remember it. Laraine Newman said of Keith: "So this is what it's like to be working with a dead person."

The best Stones-related thing that has ever been on SNL happened years later -- Mike Myers' impression of Ron Wood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        "Respectable" provided the most memorable moment from when the Stones hosted and played on Saturday Night Live in 1978 -- during an instrumental break, Mick went over to Ron Wood and licked him on the face.
        Man, what a big deal it was when they were on Saturday Night Live. EVERYBODY watched that... I was with a bunch of friends at someone's house (I was 16). We all held our breath when they appeared in those sketches, so drunk and out-of-control they seemed. I always remembered it as Ronnie and Keith in that 'Cheezburger' skit, but I guess not. I was drunk and out-of-control too.

I also remember being nervous when Zappa hosted the show (probably around the same time?), and rightly so: he was terrible.
        One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Jeez, we've been in Round 11 since Monday afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            Jeez, we've been in Round 11 since Monday afternoon.
            Just double checked it wasn't me up

Comment

• The infamous SNL scene! Baaaarrrffff....

Comment

• guys, I'll be a bit, so go ahead and skip me
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Cool song Erik, I'll have to pick up that bonus collection.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Ok, mine are in, I've still got a couple songs in me, mostly blues stuff or more ballads....
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• DMT, you need to repick, I took Love in Vain at 8.01

Comment

• I had intended to close out my part of the draft with Sister Morphine, but it went. Nice pick. Anything with Ry Cooder slide work is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          DMT, you need to repick, I took Love in Vain at 8.01
                          I re-picked.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "Hand of Fate" was good value this late... that's sort of a forgotten one nowadays; it was the big "rock" number on the radio from "Black & Blue" in '76. "Hey Negrita" is another good one. I'm puzzled why another B&B one isn't getting any love.

"Sister Morphine" was a steal of course.

And my sleeper's still out there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                              I had intended to close out my part of the draft with Sister Morphine, but it went. Nice pick. Anything with Ry Cooder slide work is good.
                              Agree 100%, the Rolling Stones and Ry Cooder were the influences that got me into the blues, particularly Lightning Hopkins and Mississippi Fred McDowell...

Comment

• Sister Morphine was on my list and I almost took it. Having already rostered something from Sticky Fingers was the tiebreaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X