Female Only Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Patti Smith was the 3rd of my three 70's options (Debbie Harry, Joni Mitchell & Patti Smith) ... knew I had to pick one in the first 2 rounds.
    I would have picked Debra Harry if you hadn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      both albums were formative for me ... Love is a Stranger was imprinted in my brain for a few months
      I can't find the picture but Annie Lennox rocked leather maternity pants better than anyone else

Comment

• Redbirds steps in front of me with the Turner pick.

Comment

• heye: which annie lennox albumn was supposed to be picked? 2.07 Eurythmics Sweet Dreams - 1982 just went.
          rjel girl: annie lennox diva...think it was early 90s
          heye: gotcha. I think per the rules, the Eurythmics pick takes all Annie Lennox picks off the board
          rjel girl: well then someone screwed up big time! tell them they are a loser for getting it wrong!
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            heye: which annie lennox albumn was supposed to be picked? 2.07 Eurythmics Sweet Dreams - 1982 just went.
            heye: gotcha. I think per the rules, the Eurythmics pick takes all Annie Lennox picks off the board
            rjel girl: well then someone screwed up big time! tell them they are a loser for getting it wrong!
            Tell rjel girl it is Touch

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              heye: which annie lennox albumn was supposed to be picked? 2.07 Eurythmics Sweet Dreams - 1982 just went.
              tell her that it was strategic, I needed to keep my 90s slot open for Spice World .
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Of all the imaginary citizens of my imaginary digital world, rjel girl is one of my favorites.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Did I break the draft by picking Tina Turner? We were rolling there for a little while.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I would have picked Debra Harry if you hadn't.
                    Yeah for golf!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      Fleetwood Mac is a great pick this late in Round Two. I had Aretha and Stevie Nicks as #1 and #2 on my list.

Stevie has a half dozen gold albums as a solo artist, her first being "Bella Donna" in 1981. That would have been my pick, a great album in what I think is a thin decade. Her personal style and manner became iconic for female rock vocalists of the era.
                      I thought FM/Stevie Nicks and Heart would both be Round 1 picks with this crowd. Pretty good value I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        I thought FM/Stevie Nicks and Heart would both be Round 1 picks with this crowd. Pretty good value I'd say.
                        Yeah, I had Nancy Wilson as a late sleeper, assuming we were going with individual members of bands. She was for many years very underrated imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                          Yeah, I had Nancy Wilson as a late sleeper, assuming we were going with individual members of bands. She was for many years very underrated imo.
                          The Nancy songs are among my favorite Heart songs.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• We need another from DMT before I can go.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Can't believe everyone picked two albums ahead of this one.

3.01 The Pretenders - S/T (1980)
                              Yeah, I basically flipped a coin between Eurhythmics and the Pretenders.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Yeah Chrissie Hydne is a pretty sick 3 rounder. My 80's pick is pretty safe I think, so wasn't really thinking in that direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X