No announcement yet.

Female Only Music Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the #1 overall. figured I could skip pick ITC ... didn't see him a big Bjork fan Really hard to pick an album ... could be several 90's or a 00's.

2.02 Bjork - "Post" (1995)

Comment

2.04 Heart - "Little Queen" (1977)

I am going with the scarcity of the 1970's over some albums I like more than this one. But I love this one!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

1.07 Patti Smith Group- Easter (Because the Night)-1970's

Comment

2.?? Patsy Cline- Songs by Patsy Cline - 1957

Comment

2.05 - Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - 1976

I listened to this album way too many times to count - and still do. This is from the era where they were a much more female centric band - as opposed to early days

This is one of my favorite songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6P2_i0Y6ms

Comment

2.06 - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, "I Love Rock n Roll" - 1982

Comment

2.07 Eurythmics Sweet Dreams - 1982
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

2.08 Tina Turner - Private Dancer (1984)
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

2.09 Norah Jones - Feels Like Home (2004)

Most critics claim her debut album is her best.

Last edited by DMT; 08-23-2017, 06:48 PM.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Can't believe everyone picked two albums ahead of this one.

3.01 The Pretenders - S/T (1980)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

3.02 Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time (1989)

I could probably have gotten Bonnie much later, but she deserves to go at least this high.

She has played professionally in six decades, but did not find commercial sucess until 1989, with "Nick of Time". She now has a total of ten Grammy Awards and is considered by many to be one of the best female blues singers and guitarists ever.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

3.03 Amy Winehouse - Back to black, 00s
                          Last edited by TranaGreg; 08-24-2017, 07:46 AM.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

3.04- Alannis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill, 1995

Comment

3.05 - Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road - 1998

This album is beautiful start to finish - please listen to it if you haven't ever done so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TTijBeZTJ4

Comment

3.06 Fairport Convention - Liege and Lief (1969)

The incomparable Sandy Denny. Some might know her as the female voice on Zep's "Battle of Evermore".

One of my all time favorite albums. Her vocals are amazing. The band is top notch. Arguably the greatest British Folk rock album of all time
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X