Female Only Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Why the hate? I'm not surprised, but curious as to what is not to your liking?

the "Irish" prog rock feel of it - the power ballad vibe of it - the overplaying of the guitar just for the overplaying of it

Comment

Cher - I really like her hits. "Just Like Jesse James" is a big favorite of mine. The album picked is in my collection, but i seldom listened to it.

Mariah - very "meh" on her. I like some stuff, but overall no real interest in her music.

Underwood - never heard anything by her that I remember.

Lauper is alright.

Johnny's two picks are two more that I know exist, but never listened to anything from either.

Crow is like Cher. I like her hits, but don't know anything else.
      mith - go try Tidal by Fiona Apple you might like it - it has some serious oomph

Comment

• Listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeah's album and I am really digging it so far.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          the "Irish" prog rock feel of it - the power ballad vibe of it - the overplaying of the guitar just for the overplaying of it
          Are you not a fan of "Power Ballads"? I really enjoy a lot of the 80's power ballads.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeah's album and I am really digging it so far.
            Yeah bro. What you expect? The first 3 YYYs albums are off the charts lit. Hype hype hype!

... I think I'm watching too many YouTube vlogs.

Comment

mith - go try Tidal by Fiona Apple you might like it - it has some serious oomph
              hey swampy ... isn't it your pick?
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Listening now. I like it so far...first 4 songs

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Yeah bro. What you expect? The first 3 YYYs albums are off the charts lit. Hype hype hype!

... I think I'm watching too many YouTube vlogs.
                  I expect that I will like more of your picks, than you will like of mine!

Comment

• Dap Kings is pretty enjoyable.

Comment

• I dig the Lauren Hill album - and very fascinating life after that

she certainly did not have the career staying power of others here

Comment

Dap Kings is pretty enjoyable.
                        Yep, they were on my list.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I had never heard of them.

Comment

Dap Kings is pretty enjoyable.
                            unfortunately Sharon Jones died of pancreatic cancer last November 2016

Comment

unfortunately Sharon Jones died of pancreatic cancer last November 2016
                              I'm pretty sure there is a documentary out there, but I haven't seen it.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                One of the few modern bands I really like and didn't feel forced to take. Too bad she died just as her late-blooming career was taking off. And now I can just take wildcards.

Comment

Working...
                                X