Female Only Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Rumours is one of those albums that is pretty much flawless from beginning to end.
    Agreed. My favorite is probably I Don't Want to Know
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• So, the "Heart" pick eliminates both Ann and Nancy Wilson? And the "Cass Elliot of the Mama's and the Papa's" pick leaves Michelle Phillips available? Is this correct?
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Fleetwood Mac is a great pick this late in Round Two. I had Aretha and Stevie Nicks as #1 and #2 on my list.

Stevie has a half dozen gold albums as a solo artist, her first being "Bella Donna" in 1981. That would have been my pick, a great album in what I think is a thin decade. Her personal style and manner became iconic for female rock vocalists of the era.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          So, the "Heart" pick eliminates both Ann and Nancy Wilson? And the "Cass Elliot of the Mama's and the Papa's" pick leaves Michelle Phillips available? Is this correct?
          you should have been a lawyer. or a judge.

edit: any sign of revo? I'm ready to pick ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            but that album is missing Crazy
            I decided on my pick over the album with Crazy as my pick is 50's. If I went with Crazy Patsy from 1961 it would have blocked me from taking my other 60's pick.

I Fall To Pieces is just a tick under Crazy so it was a small price to pay to have a shot at my 60's choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I decided on my pick over the album with Crazy as my pick is 50's. If I went with Crazy Patsy from 1961 it would have blocked me from taking my other 60's pick.

I Fall To Pieces is just a tick under Crazy so it was a small price to pay to have a shot at my 60's choice.
              50s & 60s are one category.

Having said that, there are 4 wildcards allowed.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Swampy,

Great pick.

Back in the day Nicks was considered by the masses as the front woman. McVie more of a back up singer. It would be like stating Ring Starr was the lead singer of the Beatles. We all know she was much more. More like Lennon vs. McCartney.

I have always loved McVies voice, but it took about 10 years before I came to the full appreciation of her talent. Songbird rivals anything ever sung by Nicks.

I am glad to be let back in so I want to tread carefully and go with whatever the group wants. If I were to vote. I would say picking Fleetwood Mac is a fine pick but it should be declared which female singer is intended leaving the other open to be picked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Swampy,

Great pick.

Back in the day Nicks was considered by the masses as the front woman. McVie more of a back up singer. It would be like stating Ring Starr was the lead singer of the Beatles. We all know she was much more. More like Lennon vs. McCartney.

I have always loved McVies voice, but it took about 10 years before I came to the full appreciation of her talent. Songbird rivals anything ever sung by Nicks.

I am glad to be let back in so I want to tread carefully and go with whatever the group wants. If I were to vote. I would say picking Fleetwood Mac is a fine pick but it should be declared which female singer is intended leaving the other open to be picked.
                  No need to tread carefully. Membership carries full privileges.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    50s & 60s are one category.

Having said that, there are 4 wildcards allowed.
                    Ha, when I saw first thing this morning that you already started, and were gracious enough to let me back in, I rushed to make my picks. I didn't want to hold things up any further so I made them without reading the rules.

That said I OWN Patsy and all of her works. Mwa haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      No need to tread carefully. Membership carries full privileges.
                      Thanks Brother!

Comment

• Revo was on checking out baseball and I sent him a PM but now he's gone.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Revo was on checking out baseball and I sent him a PM but now he's gone.
                          Best to text me at 201-850-3954 or PM me on Facebook. Many times I might be "on" RJ because I don't shut down a browser, or if I'm using a mobile device a PM wouldn't work.

Comment

• My kids love "Sweet Dreams" because it apparently is used in the game Roblox. It's my 5-year old's favorite song, recently overtaking "Birdhouse in Your Soul".

Comment

• Sweet Dreams is the wrong Eurythmics album in my humble opinion

Touch is much better musically and has more of my favorite songs
                              Right by Your Side
                              Hear Comes the Rain Again
                              Who's that Girl

Comment

• both albums were formative for me ... Love is a Stranger was imprinted in my brain for a few months

Comment

Working...
                                X