Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I am thrilled to get Grace Slick here.

Surrealistic Pillow gets me White Rabbit and Somebody to Love.
    Great pick.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I am thrilled to get Grace Slick here.

Surrealistic Pillow gets me White Rabbit and Somebody to Love.
      It was indeed a great pick and my first super burn. I was hoping she would be overlooked another round.

She wrote "White Rabbit", which features a great Jack Casady bassline.
      Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 08-24-2017, 11:40 AM.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• My 60's pick in a sure thing IMO ... but if Jefferson Airplane had've slipped to me here, I'd have pulled the trigger no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          My 60's pick in a sure thing IMO ... but if Jefferson Airplane had've slipped to me here, I'd have pulled the trigger no doubt.
          Everybody except Mith knows your 60s pick.
          Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 08-24-2017, 12:05 PM.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I get a kick out of Johnny expressing surprise that PJ Harvey lasted this long . Another singer that I believe I never heard a song from.

I just listened to and liked the song "Let England Shake". And I do like her voice.
            Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-24-2017, 12:06 PM.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
              Everybody knows your 60s pick.
              I don't
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I get a kick out of Johnny expressing surprise that PJ Harvey lasted this long . Another singer that I believe I never heard a song from.

I do like the song Johnny posted.
                P.J. is an interesting singer. I bought "To Bring You My Love" when it came out, and was pretty flipped out.

Comment

• Listening to "Car Wheels... by Lucinda Williams and it's quite enjoyable.

Comment

I get a kick out of Johnny expressing surprise that PJ Harvey lasted this long . Another singer that I believe I never heard a song from.

I just listened to and liked the song "Let England Shake". And I do like her voice.
                    Really?

The decade choice was interesting. She has legit choices in the 90's, 00's and 10's ... the 90's had "Rid of Me" and "To Bring You My Love". The 00's had "Stories From The City...".

Comment

• In terms of pure vocal talent, Whitney Houston was imo as good as anyone ever. She had an amazing voice. I always thought, however, that her material was a rung below her ability, and that she was managed poorly. I believe that under different circumstances she could have become someone we would have been looking at as an easy first round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        Everybody except Mith knows your 60s pick.
                        You don't actually I did think about what you're thinking ... but it would be a pick for the album not the performer really. Doesn't seem right IMO. Plus I really like my 60's pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          You don't actually I did think about what you're thinking ... but it would be a pick for the album not the performer really. Doesn't seem right IMO. Plus I really like my 60's pick.
                          Yeah, that's a good point. But what a fine album!

Comment

• Some random thoughts:

Used to really like Norah Jones back in the 00's. Then she kinda just feel off my radar.

Thought The Pretenders would be a Round 1 pick.

Back to Black (Amy Winehouse) is a f"@$#% brilliant record. Destined for classic status IMO.

Jefferson Airplane was another steal ... another I though might go in the first ... especially with 60's scarcity.

Comment

• Fucking Corn!!! I thought Gaga was safe in this draft.

Love that album. Actually my favorite album of the last 10 years.

Comment

Fucking Corn!!! I thought Gaga was safe in this draft.

Love that album. Actually my favorite album of the last 10 years.
                                Wow, even I didn't think Lady Gaga was safe. She rocked the Super Bowl!

Comment

Working...
                                X