X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    The polls show bad news for the Dems/Biden, and then when it comes to the actual election, they overperform. Abortion + Trump Hatred is far more powerful than Biden's shortcomings. Plus, that kook RFK Jr. is polling extraordinarily high as a 3rd party candidate -- as high as 24% in some swing states, and he's ranging anywhere from 18%-24% -- and it seems he's pulling more from tRump than from Biden in the first polls I saw last week.
    The bolded point is wrong. There's a massive difference between public support for Biden vs generic Democrats. One poll showed Biden down 3 to Trump with "generic Dem" at +8! That's massive!

Now, polling has become less and less reliable as landline phones disappear. I'm not saying the polls are accurate, just terrifying since they're all we have.

Despite some major economic stimulus successes, inflation stopped, unemployment at an all-time low, etc. Fox and right wingers just know how to villainize opponents better.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    The polls show bad news for the Dems/Biden, and then when it comes to the actual election, they overperform. Abortion + Trump Hatred is far more powerful than Biden's shortcomings. Plus, that kook RFK Jr. is polling extraordinarily high as a 3rd party candidate -- as high as 24% in some swing states, and he's ranging anywhere from 18%-24% -- and it seems he's pulling more from tRump than from Biden in the first polls I saw last week.

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Biden is polling horribly, getting beaten by Trump in 5 of 6 swing states.

Team Biden is pushing further to the right, trying to win back Trump voters, the single dumbest strategy imaginable. Biden is severely damaging his standing with black voters, and especially Muslim voters, given his support for the Gaza genocide. In Michigan, where Muslims hold the hammer, Biden is flailing.

Even David Axelrod is questioning whether Biden should step aside, which is wild to see.

Incredibly scary times.

I'm all for Biden stepping aside, but at the same time, these polls really surprise and perplex me. I don't know what is different now than when Biden trounced Trump in 2020. He hasn't done anything to produce this sort of swing (I think you are wrong suggesting his stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is what is moving the needle) . But it is disturbing.

I'm gonna float a name that I know you will absolutely hate, and I am going to preemptively link to an article about why pinning any hopes on him is a bad idea, but I am still gonna say it--Andy Beshear seems like a guy who could win in 2024. Here is an article arguing I am wrong: https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...tucky-00126233. I will add other reasons not to support him--he is a legacy, riding on his father's previous success in the state. I hate bloodlines in politics, so when my wife first tried to get me to watch him, I balked at it. But when I did look closer, I begrudgingly had to be impressed. His team ran a heck of a campaign, and he succeeded in a state that is very Trump-centric with good strategy. Personally, it is a huge turn off that he is soft on climate change, but he had to be in Kentucky, and I admire his political courage in standing for abortion and lgbtq+ rights. Despite these stances being in opposition to the majority in his state (The state of McConnel and Rand Paul, remember), he is one of the most popular governors in the country.

To be clear, he isn't my ideal candidate, and independent on what I want, personally, in a candidate, he doesn't strike me as all that charismatic and I worry Trump would eat him for dinner in a debate, but his team knows how to run a campaign, and while he doesn't blow me away, and I know going to the center is not the path you think leads to victory, a 45 year old Biden-type who isn't way past his prime, and who knows how to appeal to moderate republican voters, isn't a bad alternative to Biden. As for a progressive alternative, I can't think of a viable one right now. Do you have a name that could realistically win in 2024?

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Sen. Joe Manchin will not run for re-election, likely giving the GOP a big chance for a seat.
    Is it really going to be all that different when a repub holds the seat? How many things that really mattered did Joe vote with the Dems on lately?

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Sen. Joe Manchin will not run for re-election, likely giving the GOP a big chance for a seat.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Republicans crushed in major elections tonight, wow

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Biden is polling horribly, getting beaten by Trump in 5 of 6 swing states.

Team Biden is pushing further to the right, trying to win back Trump voters, the single dumbest strategy imaginable. Biden is severely damaging his standing with black voters, and especially Muslim voters, given his support for the Gaza genocide. In Michigan, where Muslims hold the hammer, Biden is flailing.

Even David Axelrod is questioning whether Biden should step aside, which is wild to see.

Incredibly scary times.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Mike Pence has suspended his campaign for president.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    The GOP finally agrees on a candidate and elects Mike Johnson (another Trump toady) to be the new speaker.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Election denier Tom Emmer’s bid to be speaker is on the verge of collapse, according to multiple GOP members.

His bid lasted 1/300th of a Scaramucci.

Trump toady Mark Meadows flipped and agreed to provide prosecutors with evidence that both him and TFG were well aware his “rigged election” nonsense was all schtick

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Election denier Tom Emmer’s bid to be speaker is on the verge of collapse, according to multiple GOP members.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Trump toady Jenna Ellis pleads guilty in the Georgia election case

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Trump toady Sidney Powell pleads guilty in Georgia election case. Release the Kraken!!
    Now Trump says that Sidney Powell was never his attorney. The next thing he will be saying is that Mike Pence was never his VP.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Trump toady Sidney Powell pleads guilty in Georgia election case. Release the Kraken!!
    And now toady lawyer Ken Chesebro also copped a plea deal and flipped on TFG! The dominoes are falling.

Prosecutor: “FINAL NAIL in Trump’s legal coffin”

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    House Republicans finally voted to remove Jordan as their nominee, so now they're back to square one in this clown show.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X