X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    What is meant by "poised to win"? And based on... what?
    Trump has tightened the national polls from 2.2% on 1 October to 0.2% today, 24 October. National polls are sampling for the popular vote.

It's not a certainty but Trump is positioned to win the popular vote.

When people mention that Harris 2024 is polling 5% behind Biden 2020 this is where it shows.
    Last edited by onejayhawk; Yesterday, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Point although Trump won 30 in 2016 and still lost the popular vote. My point is that a week before the 1980 election the polls were still close.

Trump is poised to win the popular vote this year which is why I consider Trump to be leading. If he sweeps the battleground states, consider what states fall next--NM, VA, MN, ME. That only gets him to 37.
    So I think a lot of people are questioning your idea that Trump will win the popular vote. What is your basis for that assertion? Inquiring minds want to know

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Cyber Ninjas
    And FORENSICS

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    The statistical dead heat of this election, aside from giving me tremendous anxiety, is also a fascinating window into the differing psychology, on average, between Ds and Rs. I've found that most Trump supporters take news of a statistical tie as a good sign that Trump will win, while many Democrats seems to be as filled with anxiety as I am about how close the polling is. Perhaps that is because, despite Trump supporter's best efforts to make it seem like if Harris wins, it would be the end of our country as we know it, deep down, most Republicans know it wouldn't be. On the other hand, many more on the left realize how high the stakes are in a second Trump term, not because we are reading any tea leaves, but because the man himself continues to clearly and frequently tell the world what he will try to do to turn our democracy into a dictatorship, including using the military to attack political rivals that he labels "enemies within." I only wish more people were not dismissive of Trump's rhetoric and previous actions. If more people took the threat he represents seriously, I believe he would be losing bigly, but a soul-crushing number of people just don't believe Trump's own words and actions.

I can't believe our country is really filled with millions of people who would support a wannabe fascist dictator. I have to believe, for my own sanity, that the majority of Trump supporters are instead imitating art, failing to heed Orwell's warning--
    “The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Whatever the case may be, I feel like I'm watching a car crash in slow motion that I want to stop, but can't.

Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-23-2024, 04:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied

Fox News lol.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    1J showing he's still a delusional clown.

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied

Cyber Ninjas

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Point although Trump won 30 in 2016 and still lost the popular vote. My point is that a week before the 1980 election the polls were still close.

Trump is poised to win the popular vote this year which is why I consider Trump to be leading. If he sweeps the battleground states, consider what states fall next--NM, VA, MN, ME. That only gets him to 37.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied

This is one of your more delusional comments, and that's saying a lot.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Reagan won like 45 states, this election is nothing like that. Still basically a toss up last I checked, at least according to Nate Silver

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Harris is running 5% behind what Biden did in 2020.

I post in the Rangers thread and the Royals thread. I give you the Chiefs.

I love races.

My question is whether this is turning into a 1980-style landslide. There was a massive move toward Reagan in the last week.
    Reagan won like 45 states, this election is nothing like that. Still basically a toss up last I checked, at least according to Nate Silver

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    It's like 2020 all over again.
    Harris is running 5% behind what Biden did in 2020.

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Yeah we figured that out once you popped your head up. Not like you to post when your team is losing. But great to hear from you again!!!
    I post in the Rangers thread and the Royals thread. I give you the Chiefs.

I love races.

My question is whether this is turning into a 1980-style landslide. There was a massive move toward Reagan in the last week.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied

BTW Trump is surging.

Yeah we figured that out once you popped your head up. Not like you to post when your team is losing. But great to hear from you again!!!

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    BTW Trump is surging.
    It's like 2020 all over again.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    I'm saying that the odds are meaningless. And the polls too.
    Mistaken I might accept but not meaningless.

BTW Trump is surging.

We just have to wait for election week, since it is no longer just one day anymore. Only because PA legislators can't agree to start counting mail-in votes ahead of time like other states, which prolongs the count for several additional days and opens the Pandora's box of election fraud conspiracy theories.
    I can accept the early counting but I don't like the announcement of totals. Exit polls are bad enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X