No announcement yet.

RJ Highball Draft Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have 3 teams that need to set a lineup. Jude, pjs24, and the new guy all need to set your lineups. I will set them on Monday if they are not done. I am in the direction line of the storm so Tuesday might not do it for me.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Already set my lineup. I still need the invitation to LeagueSafe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        Those that want in or have not received the invite for the league pool send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the invite. We have till Oct 31st to get this in.
        I'm in...

Comment

• Here's a thought for next season...why don't we try Head-to-Head? With a Roto format, it seems like once a team gets a good start, there's almost no way to catch them...you can make progress in one Cat or two, but not eight or nine. Hell, we're already conceding the title to Simon, and rightly so...just a thought.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• What is everyone's take on what Horns is proposing?
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

What is everyone's take on what Horns is proposing?
              I'm amenable to whatever the group decides, but it is a drastically different game. You can punt four categories every week and still be champion at the end of the day. The other hazard with H2H is that the "playoffs" and particularly the "finals" are hugely impacted by the NBA standings and coach's efforts to rest their stars for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                I'm amenable to whatever the group decides, but it is a drastically different game. You can punt four categories every week and still be champion at the end of the day. The other hazard with H2H is that the "playoffs" and particularly the "finals" are hugely impacted by the NBA standings and coach's efforts to rest their stars for the playoffs.
                The same is said for fantasy football. You take the good with the bad.

Comment

The same is said for fantasy football. You take the good with the bad.
                  I hate fantasy football.

Comment

I hate fantasy football.
                    +1

Horns I also sent you a trade offer.

Comment

I hate fantasy football.
                      Ditto.

I may be wrong but I don't recall this sort of scenario (one teams selections aligning with the stars inexplicably) so early on. Not in this league at least. I, for one, did not see this team performing this well. Some of the guys on my team are well out-performing my (or anyones) expectations. Even Durant is beating my projections in many categories.

Is there a way to configure which weeks are playoffs in the Yahoo offering of NBA H2H? If not, are there any other service providers for NBA fantasy leagues that allow H2H playoffs to be a setting that can be set in the league/commish panel?

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                        +1

Horns I also sent you a trade offer.
                        I responded in the negative a few days ago...doesn't really address much of my needs.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                          Ditto.

I may be wrong but I don't recall this sort of scenario (one teams selections aligning with the stars inexplicably) so early on. Not in this league at least. I, for one, did not see this team performing this well. Some of the guys on my team are well out-performing my (or anyones) expectations. Even Durant is beating my projections in many categories.

Is there a way to configure which weeks are playoffs in the Yahoo offering of NBA H2H? If not, are there any other service providers for NBA fantasy leagues that allow H2H playoffs to be a setting that can be set in the league/commish panel?
                          I am in a BB H2H league so I will look that up for Yahoo. As for the other sites I will try to look into them.

I kind of do remember from time to time teams being up this high early on, but they come back to earth. Wasn't Ryno up this high last year and also I think BBJ was leading at least once by this much. Things will come back to normal and we should have some sort of race near the end.

Comment

• Yahoo playoffs are the last 3 weeks of the season. This I know can not be moved. From what I remember (since we can not change the league type now) we can either have 6 or 4 teams in the playoffs which will start either in the last 3 weeks or 2 weeks of the season.

Comment

• I know we all like to think of ourselves as fantasy sports alpha dogs around here, but if we remind ourselves that first place isn't the only thing that matters in a fantasy league, maybe a year here or there with a runaway winner doesn't have to dispirit us as a league. Even if Simon does wire-to-wire us, which isn't a foregone conclusion this early in the season by any means, there's still plenty of competition in the standings.

Comment

• Alpha dog.......I know I am not one of those in this league.

Comment

Working...
                                X