No announcement yet.

RJ Highball Draft Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were my keeps not accepted? If so, Gortat is mine (along w/Kyle Lowry).

Comment

So dang mad. Was hoping against hope I could get Monroe in the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
        Well so far I'm glutting on RBS, so he may be available for trade once I see how the rest of my draft shakes out.

Comment

I seriously considered Millsap with both my 2.09 and 3.03 picks, but couldn't get myself past the risk of him losing significant minutes to Favors.

Comment

I have added all of the keepers to the Draft Tracking post on the first page of the Draft Thread. You can also see all of the drafted/kept players on the "Draft Results" page of the Yahoo web site.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
              I have added all of the keepers to the Draft Tracking post on the first page of the Draft Thread. You can also see all of the drafted/kept players on the "Draft Results" page of the Yahoo web site.
              Awesomely helpful. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                I seriously considered Millsap with both my 2.09 and 3.03 picks, but couldn't get myself past the risk of him losing significant minutes to Favors.
                Yeah that thought scared me off for a while too, but I figured that I might as well pull the trigger and take him this late. He might lose a minute or two, like he did last year, but I feel like people tend to undervalue Millsap and overvalue Favors a little and I'm not sure the Jazz will make the same mistake. Yes, Favors is the future for them, but they're fighting for a playoff spot this season (and like most teams, they probably want to at least do better in the playoffs than they did last year), so I don't think they can afford to ignore the guy who's hitting his prime now and keeps improving.

He's also in a contract year. On the one hand, that could mean that he plays even better; on the other, it could reinforce the point that if the Jazz are thinking long-term they'll give more minutes to Favors since they'll probably lose Millsap next season anyway. But at this point in the season, if I were the Jazz, I would try to win now and let Favors replace Millsap after he leaves, not before. Or I'd trade Millsap.

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
                  No they should have been. I made a mistake and missed your post.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                    Thanks Amit.

Comment

I am here. I will pick shortly.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Is it me or does Oak tend to do well almost every year?
                        Astute picks of Igoudala and Pierce.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                          Is it me or does Oak tend to do well almost every year?
                          Astute picks of Igoudala and Pierce.
                          Thanks, but it seems like I finish around 3rd or 4th every year. Close, but no cigar. But yeah, I am pretty high on Iguodala and the Nuggets this year.

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys...getting sick and slept in this AM.

BTW, I'm really discombobulated in this draft...should have taken Rondo and ended up with Jennings instead...dumb.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Sorry for the delay guys...getting sick and slept in this AM.

BTW, I'm really discombobulated in this draft...should have taken Rondo and ended up with Jennings instead...dumb.
                              I'd have taken Jennings ahead of Rondo, myself. Rondo's low scoring, lack of 3s, and horrible FT% for a guard force you to chase those stats elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                I'd have taken Jennings ahead of Rondo, myself. Rondo's low scoring, lack of 3s, and horrible FT% for a guard force you to chase those stats elsewhere.
                                It's a close call, but the FT% doesn't concern me much since Rondo doesn't shoot that many (about 3 per game). If Rondo shot threes, he'd be in the elite class of PG given his great rebounding numbers (for a PG), upper tier steal numbers and league leading assists. Jennings threes and scoring are nice but come with a low FG% and only half the assists of Rondo (11.7 vs. 5.5).

Comment

Working...
                                X