• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So J is punting FT%, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      So J is punting FT%, eh?
      After taking Josh Smith in Round 1, I was thinking about punting FT% and taking Dwight Howard in Round 2. But when Howard was taken, I decide to try to salvage my free throws with Dirk.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        DeMarcus Cousins might be a bit of a reach, but without a 2nd Rd pick I wanted him and he would not make it to me in the 3rd.
        He couldlead the league OReb for the next 10 years. I was hoping DH was there, but who to take next. Cousins and Smith were two options. Blake was 3rd choice, and really commits me to punting.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

So is 1.03 the highest an American-born caucasian has been drafted in fantasy since...I dunno, Larry Bird? Or was Stockton ever legitimately taken that high?
          This one really hurt you jerk. With two guards and you not having one, I surely thought KLove would fall to me. I sport-hate your guts right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            This one really hurt you jerk. With two guards and you not having one, I surely thought KLove would fall to me. I sport-hate your guts right now.
            Interesting. When I said #2 was available I was hoping you might step up with an offer for the #4. Plan AF now.

Comment

Don't forget we have a league pool for $20 at LeagueSafe. We have 8 people from last year that are already pre-registered for this year. Those that participated last year:

Me
              B-Fly
              onejayhawk
              hornsby
              OaklandAs
              RiffRaff
              moccassin
              Ryno

If anyone else wants to participate pm me your email address and I will send the invite. Remember this is not a requirement.

I have selected a hard payment date of 10/31.
              Last edited by Piney Boy; 10-08-2012, 11:16 AM. Reason: forgot deadline date
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                ** For B-Fly **

2.09 Greg Monroe, C - DET
                NIce pick.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                  Interesting. When I said #2 was available I was hoping you might step up with an offer for the #4. Plan AF now.
                  I was going to but I didn't read your post in time.

Comment

Okay, I'm going out on a limb, here...

3.03 Anthony Davis PF
                    Yes, yes you are. Upside is tremendous especially on grunt stats. Great Olympic run.

I felt a lot of risk w/ the Curry pick too. Sometimes you just need to reach and hope for the best.

Comment

Yes, yes you are. Upside is tremendous especially on grunt stats. Great Olympic run.

I felt a lot of risk w/ the Curry pick too. Sometimes you just need to reach and hope for the best.
                      Well, with Love and Monroe at C, I knew I'd need a shot blocker who can also get me steals, and I do think Davis has huge upside there, plus I'm obviously looking great for D-RBS and O-RBS at this point.

Comment

Agreed Fly. The REBs seem to have done us a shift from PG to Bigs due to an isolated category for the stats bigs tend to carve out for value.

Lets watch Curry and Davis this year, just for fun. I have no idea which guy I have more trust / faith on.

Best of luck! I know I need my 2nd rd to pan out!

Comment

How the hell did I just end up with both Gasol bros on my team?! I hope my team ends up better than Spain's economy.

I'm really sorry for the late pick guys, I didn't get home from school until 10:30 PM. Can I give my phone number to a couple of you so that you can text me? Sometimes when I'm in the middle of academic stuff I forget to check my e-mails.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                            How the hell did I just end up with both Gasol bros on my team?! I hope my team ends up better than Spain's economy.

I'm really sorry for the late pick guys, I didn't get home from school until 10:30 PM. Can I give my phone number to a couple of you so that you can text me? Sometimes when I'm in the middle of academic stuff I forget to check my e-mails.
                            Well, you didn't...your buddy drafted Pau a round ago...pick again.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Agreed Fly. The REBs seem to have done us a shift from PG to Bigs due to an isolated category for the stats bigs tend to carve out for value.

Lets watch Curry and Davis this year, just for fun. I have no idea which guy I have more trust / faith on.

Best of luck! I know I need my 2nd rd to pan out!
                              I view the Curry and Davis risks as dramatically different. Curry has higher upside than Davis, but much higher downside risk, too. If healthy, he can provide top-five value. If his ankle folds again, he can provide you with only a dozen games on the season. Davis is much more performance risk. His upside is higher in this type of league where 5/9 of total value comes from the stats he's most apt to provide: BLK, DRBS, ORBS, STL and FG%. But I still think his upside is late first round or early second round value and his downside is maybe 7th or 8th round value. There's essentially no way that New Orleans doesn't keep giving him minutes, particularly since his attitude is so good.

Comment

I sent Jude a PM. Hopefully he has a chance to post before work.

Comment

Working...
                                X