RJ Highball Draft Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    I know we all like to think of ourselves as fantasy sports alpha dogs around here, but if we remind ourselves that first place isn't the only thing that matters in a fantasy league, maybe a year here or there with a runaway winner doesn't have to dispirit us as a league. Even if Simon does wire-to-wire us, which isn't a foregone conclusion this early in the season by any means, there's still plenty of competition in the standings.
    He cannot go wire to wire. He did not lead from day 1, or even week 1.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      He cannot go wire to wire. He did not lead from day 1, or even week 1.

J

Riff Raff may not have been first out the gate, but he's first to obtain a lead worth mentioning. I think the battle for 1st place is likely over, but I agree with B-Fly, there's more to fantasy than finishing in 1st place. My goal is always to pass the team in front of me, and I don't stop trying until the last day of the season. My vote is to keep this format in the future. It's a fun league with a great group of competitors, and a large lead this early in the season is more likely an anomaly and not the norm; it happens.

Comment

• I prefer this roto format too. Even if Riff Raff runs away with it, I'd like to keep the same structure next year.

Comment

• I could not believe the lead Simon amassed the other night: 92-70.5 = 21.5 points = 24.4% of the range. I have never seen that. It fell at the 1/4 point in the season.

In other news, Bian, Amit and I were all at 44.8% on FG%. Cool. If we're even, I'm leavin'.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Piney Boy. I have presented you with a very good trade offer. Please accept. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Piney Boy. I have presented you with a very good trade offer. Please accept. Thank you.
              Phhhhhttttt, I gave you a very good offer in the RJEL and you didn't accept.

That said, I should probably start looking towards next year and potential keepers...send any and all offers my way.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Somebody remind me what we decided on prize money distribution. Is it only for first place?

Comment

• Anyone recall what the payout breakdown is? I don't recall ...

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Somebody remind me what we decided on prize money distribution. Is it only for first place?

This is a post by Piney Boy on 4/30/2012; Thread: 2011-2012 RJ Highball Season Long Thread, Post #70:

Congrats to the winners. Ryno walked away with the league winning $98.

BBJ leaves us winning $42.

JimBob picks up 3rd with beer money $20.

Emails should have been sent from leaguesafe.

Comment

• Payout will be $20 3rd place.....1st get 70% and 2nd gets 30% of the rest.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Cool, thanks guys. So I guess I am still in the money hunt this year.

Comment

• joncarlos is looking to get into the league which will at this time expand us back to 12. We need to come up with way for him to get keepers for next year. Post your ways we can do this so we can be ready for next year.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Not ideal but he could pick any 2 guys from our rosters (all 11) we do not plan to keep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                              Not ideal but he could pick any 2 guys from our rosters (all 11) we do not plan to keep.
                              Simple enough and I have no issue with it.

Comment

• I see that Judex's Jumpers picked up Rajon Rondo...why?

He was a 3rd round pick, so he's not a keeper for next year and he won't return this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X