RJ Highball Draft Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    I see that Judex's Jumpers picked up Rajon Rondo...why?

He was a 3rd round pick, so he's not a keeper for next year and he won't return this year.
    I'm assuming he forgot the keeper rule and thought he could keep Rondo next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      I'm assuming he forgot the keeper rule and thought he could keep Rondo next season.

Comment

• Simon, congratulations my man. Wire-to-wire championship is quite impressive. I keep looking back at the draft and I keep thinking, "My God how did we let him get those players." Awesome job man and on to next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
          Simon, congratulations my man. Wire-to-wire championship is quite impressive. I keep looking back at the draft and I keep thinking, "My God how did we let him get those players." Awesome job man and on to next season.
          Absolutely. That wasn't just wire-to-wire, that was a massacre. He basically had the championship locked up within a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Absolutely. That wasn't just wire-to-wire, that was a massacre. He basically had the championship locked up within a month.
            Yeah there was a point where I noticed we were basically all playing for second. Then you and JimBob did a nice fighting for that so I was just hoping to be OneJay. lol

Comment

• Its a bit late, but my congrats also. This is the first league I have seen, in any sport, where the winner averaged a one off, ie one less than perfect in every category. It was something of an honor to win just one.

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Yeah there was a point where I noticed we were basically all playing for second. Then you and JimBob did a nice fighting for that so I was just hoping to be OneJay. lol
              I am not quite sure what you mean here, but I strive to be worth emulating.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Thanks guys. I have never experienced a season like this in any fantasy league I have done. And in an RJ league I never expected this team to do what it did.

FG% has been a challenge all year. I'll see if I an eke out 1 more point on it. Still, 92+ points out of 99. Floored.

Some thoughts on my draft / team.

Durant rd1. Does not matter if I land Durant or Lebron, really. I would have been happy. Durant anchors FT% and everything else other than OREB.
                Curry rd2. Gambled on talent. Got lucky he didn't hurt. 1st rd talent end of the 2nd.
                Kobe rd3. Vintage Kobe. Uptick in AST was great. Another 1st rd talent. I don't think anyone saw it coming.
                Mike Conley rd4. 3rd round value. 2.2 spg. The reason I drafted him + assists.
                Z. Randolph rd5. Hate this guy toward the end of the yr, killing my FG%. 5th rd value. His 4.1 OREBs, 7+DREBs and decent big FT% (75%). It helped with balance.
                Tim Duncan rd6 (end of rd) NO ONE saw this coming. 17/10/2.7 - 2.5 assists. Missed some time, not as much as I thought. Where he really helped was a totally unexpected FT 81% on over 4 FTA.
                Bogut rd7. Traded for Noah. Noah helps tons when playing. Out a lot. But this was a key trade. Noah adds across the board.
                R. Anderson rd8. A keeper who didn't work well for me. Trader for Monroe after he stopped sucking. Another good trade. I was plush in 3s and the REBs weren't going to be a loss. Scoring was a wash but I got help in STL/BLK/FG%.
                Vasquez rd12. 8th rd talent. Jackpot! Great assists. The PG I needed on this team.
                Andre Drummond rd13. When he was playing he was really nice to have.

I dropped most everyone else save Sessions. Not sure why he is still on my team. Kinda useful with pts, 4 ast, ft%.

Key pick ups:
                Kyle Korver. Let me trade Anderson as he covered the 3s. Didn't kill my fg%.
                Tobias Harris. I think I snagged him after he was dealt from MIL to ORL. Really like this guy. He actually forces a keeper decision for 2014.

I got lucky this year with Duncan, Kobe, Curry, Noah - being 1st rd value guys with Durant leading the way. Monroe, Conley, Vasquez, Randolph were great mid tier targeted players and Drummond, Korver, Harris and Delfino added in places of need.

Looking forward to 2014!

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                  Thanks guys. I have never experienced a season like this in any fantasy league I have done. And in an RJ league I never expected this team to do what it did.

FG% has been a challenge all year. I'll see if I an eke out 1 more point on it. Still, 92+ points out of 99. Floored.

Durant rd1. Does not matter if I land Durant or Lebron, really. I would have been happy. Durant anchors FT% and everything else other than OREB.
                  Curry rd2. Gambled on talent. Got lucky he didn't hurt. 1st rd talent end of the 2nd.
                  Kobe rd3. Vintage Kobe. Uptick in AST was great. Another 1st rd talent. I don't think anyone saw it coming.
                  Z. Randolph rd5. Hate this guy toward the end of the yr, killing my FG%. 5th rd value. His 4.1 OREBs, 7+DREBs and decent big FT% (75%). It helped with balance.
                  Tim Duncan rd6 (end of rd) NO ONE saw this coming. 17/10/2.7 - 2.5 assists. Missed some time, not as much as I thought. Where he really helped was a totally unexpected FT 81% on over 4 FTA.
                  Bogut rd7. Traded for Noah. Noah helps tons when playing. Out a lot. But this was a key trade. Noah adds across the board.
                  R. Anderson rd8. A keeper who didn't work well for me. Trader for Monroe after he stopped sucking. Another good trade. I was plush in 3s and the REBs weren't going to be a loss. Scoring was a wash but I got help in STL/BLK/FG%.
                  Vasquez rd12. 8th rd talent. Jackpot! Great assists. The PG I needed on this team.

I dropped most everyone else save Sessions. Not sure why he is still on my team. Kinda useful with pts, 4 ast, ft%.

Key pick ups:
                  Tobias Harris. I think I snagged him after he was dealt from MIL to ORL. Really like this guy. He actually forces a keeper decision for 2014.

I got lucky this year with Duncan, Kobe, Curry, Noah - being 1st rd value guys with Durant leading the way. Monroe, Conley, Vasquez, Randolph were great mid tier targeted players and Drummond, Korver, Harris and Delfino added in places of need.

Looking forward to 2014!
                  Simon, you were an F'n steamroller this year, all the right buttons pushed, all the players at the top of their games. Congratulations, you deserve it...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                    Thanks guys. I have never experienced a season like this in any fantasy league I have done. And in an RJ league I never expected this team to do what it did.

Key pick ups:

Looking forward to 2014!
                    Me too. Thanks for the analysis.

I've now got a second, last, and third in this league.

Comment

• Congratulations Riff Raff. By far the best fantasy baseball performance I've ever seen. It was total domination from day 1, and against what I consider the best fantasy competition one can find. I do want to apologize again to those involved in trades that I disputed. If I'm allowed to stay in this league again next season I will make it a point not to stir things up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
                        Congratulations Riff Raff. By far the best fantasy baseball performance I've ever seen. It was total domination from day 1, and against what I consider the best fantasy competition one can find. I do want to apologize again to those involved in trades that I disputed. If I'm allowed to stay in this league again next season I will make it a point not to stir things up again.
                        I have no issue with you coming back. Just be coooool bud. :-)

Comment

• Payouts will be completed later in the week to make sure standings are solid.

I will say no one wanted the whole 3rd place prize I see. 3 way tie for 3rd as of now?

Congrats Riff. Total domination.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Payouts are complete.

B-Fly - $10 - tie for 3rd
                            onejay- $10 - tie for 3rd
                            jimbob - $36 2nd place
                            riff - $84 1st place

Jude did not pay so he does not get a payout.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                              Payouts are complete.

jimbob - $36 2nd place
                              riff - $84 1st place

PB, League Safe shows that Joe Pierotti was awarded 2nd place; my account is under the name Randy Totaro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                                Payouts are complete.

jimbob - $36 2nd place
                                riff - $84 1st place

Thanks! How did that $10 go out to me? Mailed check? I've never received money via League Safe or PayPal before so don't know how that works.

Comment

Working...
                                X