*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Regretting my Stan the Man pick - shoulda stuck with my gut.
    Nah good pick. You can afford it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      I am regretting all my picks, but I think that is the nature of a letter and decade draft---to try to win it, you have to be so exact and have the right guys at the right letters, positions, and decades all come together by the end. With so many moving parts, it is impossible to tell if you are going to get it right. If you have an easy path to finish your roster without hiccups this early, you are probably punting to much or shooting too low to win.
      You're looking good IMO.

Comment

• If it helps, I also regret your picks.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          If it helps, I also regret your picks.
          Me too.

Comment

• Any ideas on a next pick ya'll would regret? I have about 72 ideas and therefore no ideas, lol. PM only, name dropping is frowned upon here.

Comment

Any ideas on a next pick ya'll would regret? I have about 72 ideas and therefore no ideas, lol. PM only, name dropping is frowned upon here.
              My strategy is not to look until I'm up ... or perhaps one or two picks away. That way you can't second guess yourself or be disappointed.

As you'll see, people don't make bad picks anymore, so if you're thinking of a player, chances are, other people are too.

Comment

• Oh, I am sure. But I have to try to formulate a plan in this one---otherwise, I'll end up with a good letter but nobody at the position/decade combination I have to fill at the end. It's viciously fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

As you'll see, people don't make bad picks anymore.
                  Challenge accepted

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    Challenge accepted
                    I know, I feel like I’m definitely going to make bad picks. If I was prepared then I’d be more confident, but too much going on right now with work, etc

Comment

• I get the idea there, Ken. And I think our strategies sort of show what we know well already. The last draft, which you did, was decades, and you have gone with that a bit, and grabbed big stats. I think I did one decade draft once, but I am much more comfortable with letters. My ideas on the decades are just vague obvious things---dead ball years are bad for offense and good for pitching, etc., but I really don't have a clue, so I am sort of sticking with letters.

Comment

I get the idea there, Ken. And I think our strategies sort of show what we know well already. The last draft, which you did, was decades, and you have gone with that a bit, and grabbed big stats. I think I did one decade draft once, but I am much more comfortable with letters. My ideas on the decades are just vague obvious things---dead ball years are bad for offense and good for pitching, etc., but I really don't have a clue, so I am sort of sticking with letters.
                        Men of Letters....

Heyelander will appreciate it
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Men of Letters....
                          Heyelander will appreciate it
                          He was around from the beginning or almost the beginning.

Comment

• I posted a thread in the general area if anyone is looking to do a startup dynasty league I have never played in one but have always enjoyed going prospect hunting in my deep keeper leagues so doing a large roster dynasty league sounds fun. It will probably be a slow online draft over email.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              I posted a thread in the general area if anyone is looking to do a startup dynasty league I have never played in one but have always enjoyed going prospect hunting in my deep keeper leagues so doing a large roster dynasty league sounds fun. It will probably be a slow online draft over email.
                              I have always had some interest in something like that too. I'm not sure if now is the best time for me, but maybe I can still make it work. To be interesting for me I'd want it to be relatively deep - 15+ teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I have always had some interest in something like that too. I'm not sure if now is the best time for me, but maybe I can still make it work. To be interesting for me I'd want it to be relatively deep - 15+ teams.
                                15 plus for sure, I'd like to get to 20 and make it really deep. Definitely, all over email and slow, we have the time. If you play so far I'd have 6 in about an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X