No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess I should just say it: ARGH on my Heinie! I guess I'll have to actually figure some other pick out now.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      But is he clean ? Is he Charmin clean ?
      Man, fuck that little bear
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        so i've got about 10k in credit card debt right now (piling up since I got sick). It's on a 0% until december card. I'll have the money to pay it off then. Would you drip it into something until then since I really have no need to pay it off before then, or just keep it in my checking/pay it off as I go?
        I’m confused — are you asking if you should take money out of the credit card to invest, or to use money that could pay off the credit card to invest?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          I’m confused — are you asking if you should take money out of the credit card to invest, or to use money that could pay off the credit card to invest?
          So back in July I got a credit card with 18 months of no interest. Since then I've racked up 10k in debt. Now that I've got a job, and I plan on continuing to door dash and make about an extra 1k a month with that, I should have at least 2k a month that I can pay off the debt. The debt is at zero interest now until december though, so there's really no point in paying it off now, or as I go, so long as I have the money to pay it off in December. Just curious if at some point in the next month or two it makes sense to invest it as I collect it until December, or just save/pay it off. So use money that could pay off the credit card, but only because there's no interest charged on it. Obviously, if it was normal CC debt at 16-20% apr I would pay it off.

Comment

• God, I could watch Kobe Bryant highlights all day long. Most exciting player in the history of basketball.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Guess I should just say it: ARGH on my Heinie! I guess I'll have to actually figure some other pick out now.
              Thank you. I was wondering whether any of my three on the short list (which had been a two-player short list, but then I took Heinie instead) would get back to me. I thought he wouldn't, and he wouldn't have.

As for Kershaw, it depends on how you define contemporary. He was #1 on my list of 2010's pitchers (without considering letters, obviously, as I already had taken Verlander), but if guys who are now retired and in the HOF and pitched in the 1990's, etc. are included, I would disagree. Of course, that isn't a fair comparison given that Kershaw still has plenty of career left. It is sort of freaky how similar his career numbers are to Koufax's right now.

Comment

• And there goes one of my guys. Couldn't believe he stayed out there that long, but I just took Heinie Zimmerman anyway, lol.

Comment

• Wow, lots of movement tonight. Now Ken is around and it's his turn. I am sure he'll grab one of my guys, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Wow, lots of movement tonight. Now Ken is around and it's his turn. I am sure he'll grab one of my guys, lol.
                    Highly doubt it

Comment

• Maybe Ken can grab that bag of dicks for you while you eat it, anti-Kershite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Maybe Ken can grab that bag of dicks for you while you eat it, anti-Kershite.
                        Is producing bag o'dicks an essential industry ?
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• And I thought I was agreeing with him, lol. Said Kershaw was the best still going in 2010's and compared him to Koufax. Tough crowd. But, hey, Dodgers' fans, what do you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            Tough crowd. But, hey, Dodgers' fans, what do you do?
                            Can't be putting up that weak stuff in the paint bro.

Comment

• Sorry it took me so long, I'm just not prepared at all.

Feral you are up!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Is producing bag o'dicks an essential industry ?
                                Delivered a sandwich to a Quik-Quack car wash tonight... no clue how they are justifying their essentiality.

Comment

Working...
                                X