*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    And I thought I was agreeing with him, lol. Said Kershaw was the best still going in 2010's and compared him to Koufax. Tough crowd. But, hey, Dodgers' fans, what do you do?
    It’s true that I am an unreasonable dodger fan who lacks perspective.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Delivered a sandwich to a Quik-Quack car wash tonight... no clue how they are justifying their essentiality.
      Got to keep all the essential vehicles clean of the germs is the loop hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        It’s true that I am an unreasonable dodger fan who lacks perspective.
        If I take "Trash Can 2017" does that count as a "T" or a "C"? And does it increase the numbers for all of my other hitters?

Comment

• Mantle was the other guy i wamted. Had a hard time passing on him
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Mantle was the other guy i wamted. Had a hard time passing on him
            Was kind of surprised Ken passed on him since he took him in the 2nd round in VD13.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I was considering both Gibby and Plank as well for my last pick.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                I was considering both Gibby and Plank as well for my last pick.
                After Mays i figured he wouldnt last long.
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If I take "Trash Can 2017" does that count as a "T" or a "C"? And does it increase the numbers for all of my other hitters?
                  Some friends were discussing greatest players on different franchises, my pick for the Astros was Trash Can. I'd assume C since this is a last name draft.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

I knew my strategy of "wait until Mays or Mantle gets taken and then take the other one" was going to fail like this. Oh well. Maybe I'll get some good players in the 12th round or something, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Was kind of surprised Ken passed on him since he took him in the 2nd round in VD13.
                      If I had been prepared I’m sure I would have taken him. Focused more on letters this time

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        So back in July I got a credit card with 18 months of no interest. Since then I've racked up 10k in debt. Now that I've got a job, and I plan on continuing to door dash and make about an extra 1k a month with that, I should have at least 2k a month that I can pay off the debt. The debt is at zero interest now until december though, so there's really no point in paying it off now, or as I go, so long as I have the money to pay it off in December. Just curious if at some point in the next month or two it makes sense to invest it as I collect it until December, or just save/pay it off. So use money that could pay off the credit card, but only because there's no interest charged on it. Obviously, if it was normal CC debt at 16-20% apr I would pay it off.
                        I think you'd be taking a big risk right now. Check back if the market tanks again.

Comment

• I've decided I'm just not going to take any pitchers this draft.

Comment

.....y-yes?
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I've decided I'm just not going to take any pitchers this draft.
                              $10 says he's pulling a Johnny from VD6

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                $10 says he's pulling a Johnny from VD6
                                Also known, at least in my mind, as the GladHeAteHer strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X