No announcement yet.

CBS Franchise Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it a completely separate game universe if you log in with your Facebook account? The first time I went to the page I was already logged in to CBS due to RJEL, so I never thought about it. I guess I could create another team to get run over.

I just moved up to level 17 in my normal one after winning two leagues in a row. 6.14 batting, 6.29 pitching. Total record 336-57. I'm still using one original player (Neil Walker) and I just bought my first badge. The drafts keep offering me outfielders and pitchers which is getting annoying.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

probably the same universe, it's just not connecting your FB account to your cbs account and telling me you're playing.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        i lost 19-0 to you earlier. I don't think you get dinged for loses on your record.
        Correct, your team's record is only on the games you choose to play.

is it a completely separate game universe if you log in with your Facebook account? The first time I went to the page I was already logged in to CBS due to RJEL, so I never thought about it. I guess I could create another team to get run over.
        Yes, it is two separate game universes. I have teams on Facebook and CBS.

Comment

Holy crap! I've been playing this on the Iphone for the last week or two.
          Just tried it on CBS for the first time - talk about separate universes...
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

ok, clearly I am an idiot. How do you set up a game using your Facebook account? I tried linking my Facebook account to my CBS account but that just took me back to my old team.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

i just opened facebook and searched for CBS Franchise Baseball like I would a new friend or music group and it popped up with the page. then you launch it like you're playing farmville or something.

Comment

so I'm sitting at level 8 and have trained up most of my players that I start to the lvl 1 max. Should I try to progress to the next training level (lvl 11 or 12 I think) or just stay here at 8 and continue to pick up draft picks?

Comment

yeah, i haven't started up a FB team yet. i guess i should do that...
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

so I'm sitting at level 8 and have trained up most of my players that I start to the lvl 1 max. Should I try to progress to the next training level (lvl 11 or 12 I think) or just stay here at 8 and continue to pick up draft picks?
                    Yeah, time to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Yeah, time to move up.
                      Since you're saying now, I'll probably do it next week

Comment

Since you're saying now, I'll probably do it next week
                        Just played you in a rivalry matchup: 12-0 perfecto for Masahiro Tanaka.

Comment

Well that's just spiteful

Comment

a note that is probably obvious:

when you're training people up, train one player to the max before switching to the next one (assuming you're doing instant training for some of it). Having the best individual hitter or pitcher makes you a lot more likely to get the bonuses in leagues.

also, for hitters, try to concentrate on getting those HR and SB guys as early as possible. I've played 520 games, I've won my last four leagues, and I still don't have the milestone for having five guys with 30 career HR.

what I'm actually considering doing is that since I have about 1500 RP saved up and almost no money, I might burn off some RP buying daily games (if you win 95% of your daily games, paying 250 RP for 25 games returns about 120 RP and $22m, plus 25 games worth of stats and levels). So if I do that a couple times and also buy one of those +HR powerups, maybe that'll help make some inroads into fixing that.

and another thing from my football team: my very first draft pick was Johnny Manziel, and I still haven't gotten around to replacing him. I'm level 25 now, and from a combination of training and general play he's gone from a 31 to a 76. My running backs are 65 and 50, and my top receivers are 139, 78, and 74 (obviously I trained the one guy to the max to try to win more categories in the leagues). In football you do leagues as much as you can since you get a draft when you finish a league, not daily. Anyway, I've also adjusted my playbook with the few slots I've unlocked such that nine of the ten basic offensive plays are passes, as are both of the 3rd and long and 3rd and medium plays, and so I end up with stat lines like this one from the exhibition I just completed:

rushing: Manziel 3 for 22yd, I.Woods 6 for 22yd, J.Harrison 2 for 4yd.
                            passing: Manziel 55 for 78 for 464yd, 5 td
                            and four different receivers with double digit catches.

I probably ought to replace Manziel at some point, he can't train up in accuracy or release and he's level 15 now so it takes a while for him to level, but he's over halfway to the last milestone for yardage and I kind of feel like I should stick with him until I get there as long as I keep having a decent team anyway.
                            Last edited by mjl; 09-29-2014, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              a note that is probably obvious:

when you're training people up, train one player to the max before switching to the next one (assuming you're doing instant training for some of it). Having the best individual hitter or pitcher makes you a lot more likely to get the bonuses in leagues.
                              I usually just trained up my best players first, and it turns out that you'll get bonuses.

The issue with this is the way they set up the bonuses -- Hits/HRs/Ks/Saves, so you'll need to train at least three players. You never know about saves anyway.

I play football as well, but I guess I'm under their '2013 Franchise Football' game, which does have drafts everyday.

Comment

I just nearly signed free agent Quinton McCracken based on first name letter scarcity.

Comment

Working...
                                X