No announcement yet.

CBS Franchise Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, it worked in that I am going to come in seventh and get a couple RP/dollars for playing, but I'm not going to win any categories, although I think it's at least not out of the question. That said, maybe I'd rather just keep going up. I'm still able to find 90+% matchups in the dailies.

Also Max Scherzer is crazy good for the level you get him at.

In football, I am finally going to upgrade my WR1 and RB1 after finishing this league, although my current WR1 and TE1 usually come in top three in leagues as it is, but that's because I run an almost entirely passing offense. My TE1 does shockingly well for having a rating around 100 and no points in Speed. Cranking up Pennington's Awareness does seem to have helped with the picks. My current WR1, Justin Hunter, is maxed in Speed/Routes/Hot Routes but doesn't have any rating in Power or Awareness. I also may have just been on a bad streak in leagues - I missed the playoffs in two straight at 7-9 and 8-8, then I missed with 10-6, and this league I'm 14-2 +229, although it probably helps that Pennington is rated around 200 now.
    Last edited by mjl; 10-14-2014, 03:02 PM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• inferior to my starting shortstop, but I just had to draft Ike Caveney for my bench
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I won an exhibition game 51-0. The game balls went to three defensive players, who had:

4 tackles with 2 sacks
        3 tackles with 2 sacks
        9 tackles

But this line wasn't quite good enough for Pennington...

Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 6.54.23 PM.jpg
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Finally made it to the Legends level in football, and picked up Troy Aikman and Bullet Bob Hayes as my two legends to start with.
          hey, I just realized - are you playing the 2013 version? My impression is that nobody in the 2014 version has reached legends yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
            hey, I just realized - are you playing the 2013 version? My impression is that nobody in the 2014 version has reached legends yet.
            Yes. I tried signing up for the 2014 version through Facebook and found it to be very convoluted compared to the 2013 version.

Comment

I'm just trying to run through seasons as quick as possible right now. Since last Sunday I've gone from completing Season 10 Rookie to currently playing Season 6 Semi Pro. My team appears to be one of the better teams at each level, and have won 4 of the past 6 franchise bowls.

Using my RP to go into the team stores and buying players for 500 a pop to strengthen my team. Looking to start getting 4 category players all over the field.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• for football.. how do the playbooks work? I have like 5 open slots on 1/2nd down defense, but only 2 plays to choose from to slot in there. Does that make sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  for football.. how do the playbooks work? I have like 5 open slots on 1/2nd down defense, but only 2 plays to choose from to slot in there. Does that make sense?
                  You can get new plays by beating the Pro Teams; getting them in the daily draft; or buying them.

Comment

• anyone playing Franchise Basketball?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      You can get new plays by beating the Pro Teams; getting them in the daily draft; or buying them.
                      You only unlock play slots by beating pro teams. You need to get them via the draft or buying them (either in the "Play Store" for real money or in the "Store" for in-game money). There are levels of each play, so someday you may want to replace ones you get with higher level versions, but in general getting plays is a very important facet of the game. If you are running almost all 4-3 plays on defense, for example, you can get by without a good fourth linebacker, and if you have a crappy set of RBs but you're running 95% pass plays it'll still work out. That's actually what I'm doing, and I get a lot of games where my QB throws for 500+ yards and I have two guys with 150+ receiving yards. It makes the milestones and the league bonuses a lot easier to come by, at the risk of someone setting their playbook to beat me, but at lower levels hardly anyone has enough plays to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        I'm just trying to run through seasons as quick as possible right now. Since last Sunday I've gone from completing Season 10 Rookie to currently playing Season 6 Semi Pro. My team appears to be one of the better teams at each level, and have won 4 of the past 6 franchise bowls.

Using my RP to go into the team stores and buying players for 500 a pop to strengthen my team. Looking to start getting 4 category players all over the field.
                        I've been on an exceptional run lately too and am up to All-Star 4 (well, 3, but I'm going to be at 4 at the end of this league). Being an almost all-passing team appears to have helped a lot. My best receiver is still a 3-cat guy I got early on.

If you're buying players in the team stores, you've probably already noticed this, but there's often a couple guys at each level who are about 30 points ahead of everyone else. It's worth going through all of the team store pages to find them, tedious as that may be.

Comment

You only unlock play slots by beating pro teams. You need to get them via the draft or buying them (either in the "Play Store" for real money or in the "Store" for in-game money). There are levels of each play, so someday you may want to replace ones you get with higher level versions, but in general getting plays is a very important facet of the game. If you are running almost all 4-3 plays on defense, for example, you can get by without a good fourth linebacker, and if you have a crappy set of RBs but you're running 95% pass plays it'll still work out. That's actually what I'm doing, and I get a lot of games where my QB throws for 500+ yards and I have two guys with 150+ receiving yards. It makes the milestones and the league bonuses a lot easier to come by, at the risk of someone setting their playbook to beat me, but at lower levels hardly anyone has enough plays to do that.
                          That's right, it's in basketball that you get them through beating pro teams.

Comment

• duh... that helps a ton.

Comment

If you're buying players in the team stores, you've probably already noticed this, but there's often a couple guys at each level who are about 30 points ahead of everyone else. It's worth going through all of the team store pages to find them, tedious as that may be.
                              I thrive on the tedium. When I moved up to Semi-Pro, I went through and marked down what would be coming available through all 10 seasons.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I don't get this:

Me

28.5 Pass Off 27.2 Rush Off 29.4 Pass Def 31.0 Rush Def

Him

24.1 Pass Off 24.7 Rush Off 29.0 Pass Def 26.8 Rush Def

He was favored 65-35. Huh? I am set up for Pass offense, switched my plays to all run offense on 1st/2nd down, and still could only get it to 48% chance for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X