CBS Franchise Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple possibilities:

1) probably he has a very unbalanced playbook and/or plays with particularly high synergy with his team. there was a while where my only good receiver was my WR2, but I had two plays that involved going deep to him, so I did better than you would have expected.
    2) you can have artificially low total ratings if some of your players are low-rated, even if they don't play much. most of my starters have ratings around 150, with a couple around 200, but my second TE, my FB, and my third CB all have ratings around 50. however my playbook is such that they almost never get on the field much less touch the ball, so it doesn't matter much.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• another stupid question. I finally hit the level in baseball where I can use the badge generator. I've made 2 but I can't figure out how to assign them.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        another stupid question. I finally hit the level in baseball where I can use the badge generator. I've made 2 but I can't figure out how to assign them.
        Click on the player, and in his card it gives you the ability to add or change his badge.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Click on the player, and in his card it gives you the ability to add or change his badge.
          i go to my line-up, I click on a player, it opens his stats card, but I don't see anywhere to click to assign a badge.
          I've clicked all around at random even.

franchise chone.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            i go to my line-up, I click on a player, it opens his stats card, but I don't see anywhere to click to assign a badge.
            I've clicked all around at random even.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557[/ATTACH]
            Are you sure you actually bought the badges? If so, what were they? It doesn't look like you did. If you did, there would be a drop down on that card asking which badge to assign.

Comment

Are you sure you actually bought the badges? If so, what were they? It doesn't look like you did. If you did, there would be a drop down on that card asking which badge to assign.
              i lost the 20m on each roll. I assumed they went somewhere.

edit: okay, I'm an idiot... I thought they were batting ones that I won, but they are pitchers. duh!

Comment

• I just bought Big Mac for my facebook team (which is now at Legends VI) using 4 legend coins. I was reluctant to, but I don't want the same players on both teams.

So far through 27 games at Level VI, he has 15 HRs. Oof.

Comment

I just bought Big Mac for my facebook team (which is now at Legends VI) using 4 legend coins. I was reluctant to, but I don't want the same players on both teams.

So far through 27 games at Level VI, he has 15 HRs. Oof.
                  48 games at Legend Level V and VI, he already has 26 HRs.

Comment

anyone playing Franchise Basketball?
                    me. just started yesterday. i'm trying to coax my older son into it, and he's more into basketball than baseball.

it's very different. i find spending the coin on plays early the key. in my CBS version, i spent on another FA early; in my facebook version i spent solely on extra plays - my facebook team is doing much better than my CBS team. looking to get to level 9 to get coaches, then camping for a bit.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• in baseball, i've gotten to the point where i actually rarely even take a player in the draft. they're infrequently better than any of my current players. is that normal? maybe i'm leveling too slowly...

and i'm now kicking wayne's ass in rivalries regularly, which is pretty damn satisfying .
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• regularly or sporadically?

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                          in baseball, i've gotten to the point where i actually rarely even take a player in the draft. they're infrequently better than any of my current players. is that normal? maybe i'm leveling too slowly...

and i'm now kicking wayne's ass in rivalries regularly, which is pretty damn satisfying .
                          Wayne's team sucks. Just don't tell him that.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            in baseball, i've gotten to the point where i actually rarely even take a player in the draft. they're infrequently better than any of my current players. is that normal? maybe i'm leveling too slowly...
                            I also am in that position, but mostly because the players that I could be replacing are too far along in various stat categories to screw up their chase for milestones, and my team is doing well enough anyway. So I usually end up taking extra games and then using the RP and money to train my better players. If I get to the point where I'm not regularly finishing top 3 in leagues, maybe I'll start replacing players more aggressively.

btw, useful tip for all of the games - if you're getting to your level of competence and having trouble finding people to beat up on at your level, choose the people who are doing worst in your current league and follow them. Then you can choose them from your watch list and play your daily games against them.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              I also am in that position, but mostly because the players that I could be replacing are too far along in various stat categories to screw up their chase for milestones, and my team is doing well enough anyway. So I usually end up taking extra games and then using the RP and money to train my better players. If I get to the point where I'm not regularly finishing top 3 in leagues, maybe I'll start replacing players more aggressively.

btw, useful tip for all of the games - if you're getting to your level of competence and having trouble finding people to beat up on at your level, choose the people who are doing worst in your current league and follow them. Then you can choose them from your watch list and play your daily games against them.
                              No kidding, that's a good tip. Just wait til you guys get to Legends, and you only find those guys once every five re-clicks.

Comment

48 games at Legend Level V and VI, he already has 26 HRs.
                                Through 125 games, Big Mac has 54 HRs. Of course he's hitting just .226, but the dude's a HR machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X