No announcement yet.

CBS Franchise Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn --I'm in a Level V Legend league, and one team has a pitcher with a 26.53 rating. That's the highest I've seen thus far. Legend level V is way out of my league. I can barely find any teams I can beat in leagues or in daily games. Looks like I'll be leveling down soon.....
    Last edited by revo; 09-23-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

ouch!
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
        ouch!
        Ya....didn't even bother simming any of the games, since even picking and choosing matchups was fruitless. Yep, I went 1-17. FYI, my team's record heading into the Legends rounds a couple of weeks back was something like 3,300-45.

Well, at least I got knocked back down to Level VI, where the competition is lighter. But when you rank down in the Legend leagues, you still get a draft, but not one that includes the Legend Coins -- they're only in the drafts when you level up.

The developers are very smart about how they made this game.

By the time you get to the Legends level, you will have accumulated 6 Wild Card legend coins. And the first legends made available to you cost 3 coins apiece. But the only way to accumulate more legend coins is to either buy them, or rank up in the Legend Leagues. But since many teams have been in legends for awhile and have ranked down, you're facing teams steeped with far better players than you. My 15.65 offense and 15.80 starters were child's play at Level V. So you're likely going to level up and then get clobbered and rank down when joining the legend leagues.

And the legend coins are only available in drafts when you level up -- and the big one, the Wild Card coins, are only available if you win the league. Your draft spot is determined by your league finish, and you may have to use RPs to move up to the #2 draft slot to select a pre-selected era's Legend coin (there are six eras). So it can take weeks just to accumulate another 3 Legend Coins within a single era.....and the 3 Legend Coin players are the bottom of the legend barrel. The game's best players cost NINE legend coins, so it literally can take months to get just one of those players. And training the legend players costs you 1,500 RPs to get a Level Six trainer, and then 75 RPs per instant train. Sigh.
        Last edited by revo; 09-24-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

sounds like you have to be in for the long haul if you want to get to that level...

i'm now about 110-15. the difficulty i find now is the tension between needing RP and cash to trade up for better players in the draft and for training, but wanting to camp. i'm at the point where i almost have to join a league to get the RP and cash i need, but don't want to. i'll probably have to today though. i have been noticing, however, that whenever i have a glance, there are at most 2 or 3 registered for the league. my guess is that everybody waits and waits, then it reaches a tipping point and a couple sign up, then there's a rush to fill it (because you can now see the competition). i am just probably missing those rushes...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

sounds like you have to be in for the long haul if you want to get to that level...

i'm now about 110-15. the difficulty i find now is the tension between needing RP and cash to trade up for better players in the draft and for training, but wanting to camp. i'm at the point where i almost have to join a league to get the RP and cash i need, but don't want to. i'll probably have to today though. i have been noticing, however, that whenever i have a glance, there are at most 2 or 3 registered for the league. my guess is that everybody waits and waits, then it reaches a tipping point and a couple sign up, then there's a rush to fill it (because you can now see the competition). i am just probably missing those rushes...
            Yeah, that's the decision -- use the RPs to train or to move up in the drafts, and to join or not to join leagues. Patience is a virtue!

Comment

I'm in... only lvl 5.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I'm in... only lvl 5.
                Yes, I can play you on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I held your stud team scoreless for seven innings a couple days ago.

Lost 7-0.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Yeah, that's the decision -- use the RPs to train or to move up in the drafts, and to join or not to join leagues. Patience is a virtue!
                    there were 7/10 in a league just now so i went to sign up. one of the GMs was 1213-8, so i passed...

Comment

there were 7/10 in a league just now so i went to sign up. one of the GMs was 1213-8, so i passed...
                      Yep, anytime I see a team far superior to mine, I pass. Good strategy.

Comment

Yep, anytime I see a team far superior to mine, I pass. Good strategy.
                        sucked because i think i'm quite a bit better than the rest. ah well, live to fight another day .

Comment

Spring training vs. the college squad? Local High School maybe?

Comment

Playing the 'rivalries' in the Facebook version gives you 3 RPs and $700k with a win, so I started playing against the three RJers on there with teams. I just beat Pogues' squad so badly, it actually stopped the game in the 6th with a 21-run mercy rule. Never saw that on here before!

Comment

i lost 19-0 to you earlier. I don't think you get dinged for loses on your record.

for some reason I don't see either MJL or Bryan's teams, but yours and pogues popped up for me.

Comment

Playing the 'rivalries' in the Facebook version gives you 3 RPs and $700k with a win, so I started playing against the three RJers on there with teams. I just beat Pogues' squad so badly, it actually stopped the game in the 6th with a 21-run mercy rule. Never saw that on here before!
                                Thanks man.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X