No announcement yet.

2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i haven't looked at the rules in detail - is there a minimum IP?

ETA: nvm - just looked. no min IP. interesting, and kind of explains silentmist's strat (though not entirely - he didn't quite embrace punting W and K, which *would* be an interesting strat).
    Last edited by bryanbutler; 02-21-2014, 10:33 AM.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Nobody objected to this when it was posted yesterday. I've been assuming all along that we're still filling active rosters before picking reserves. Might have picked someone different if I didn't think that.
      This is my first year in the draft, and it was stated early on in the draft that was the rule, and I've been running with that rule in my head the entire draft. I can only assume rules mentioned during the draft are correct.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
        i haven't looked at the rules in detail - is there a minimum IP?

ETA: nvm - just looked. no min IP. interesting, and kind of explains silentmist's strat (though not entirely - he didn't quite embrace punting W and K, which *would* be an interesting strat).
        No minimum, but there is a max of 1400.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
          No minimum, but there is a max of 1400.
          according to this (post 15), it's 1500 max

Comment

• Originally posted by the heat View Post
            according to this (post 15), it's 1500 max

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...t-Thread/page2
            I'll let Piney address how it came to be different, since he set up the league for this year. 1400 maybe the default, in which case I'll change it to 1500 if I can.

On a related matter, right now I can't enter any more picks onto the Yahoo offline draft tool, as the system is being repaired

There's currently an issue causing the Player List not to load in the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tool.

This issue also affects commissioners wanting to enter offline draft results.

It's still broken, but our engineers are working to fix it as quickly as they can.

Thanks for being patient!

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
              I'll let Piney address how it came to be different, since he set up the league for this year. 1400 maybe the default, in which case I'll change it to 1500 if I can.

On a related matter, right now I can't enter any more picks onto the Yahoo offline draft tool, as the system is being repaired
              I just might have missed that in creating the league. Since I deleted my reminder I went with the settings from last year's league and probably just missed that one. You can change it Weapon1 since your commish.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• So are all the current picks valid? And are we sticking with filling the active roster first?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  So are all the current picks valid? And are we sticking with filling the active roster first?
                  Active roster first. MJL picked Navarro instead of Gose.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• DJ timed out, and Bucky went on the clock at 2:17.

Comment

• damn - was hoping against hope martinez would drop to me. curse you, bucky. /shakesfist
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• I thought that Martinez was picked quite a while ago...is that not the case?
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Nope, he was available.

Comment

• Who is Hammer's 2nd RP?

Comment

• Originally posted by the heat View Post
                              Who is Hammer's 2nd RP?
                              Doesn't have one, needs to drop Leake and pick one up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                                damn - was hoping against hope martinez would drop to me. curse you, bucky. /shakesfist
                                I guess between this comment and Hornsby's comment I made a good pick. That's a hard thing to do in round 22.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X