2014 Real Mock Interest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am there
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Silentmist has posted in the other thread that he'll do it again. So that is 20 max for a Yahoo league. Here's the thing. I think MDC will only support up to 16 teams in their normal drafts:

To go 17 to 32, you have to pay 25 bucks.

I'll pay for the draft. If you want to chip in, pm and I'll send you my paypal. Anything I get I'll forward to Jason as a contribution to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
        Silentmist has posted in the other thread that he'll do it again. So that is 20 max for a Yahoo league. Here's the thing. I think MDC will only support up to 16 teams in their normal drafts:

To go 17 to 32, you have to pay 25 bucks.

I'll pay for the draft. If you want to chip in, pm and I'll send you my paypal. Anything I get I'll forward to Jason as a contribution to this site.
        Sure, I'll send a few bucks your way to help defray expenses...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

are you guys full? i'd do it if there is space...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

If space is needed for Bryan, I'm happy to bow out...seems like a lot of interest and I honestly don't know if I can do the draft without holding things up.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Ok, the MDC draft is set up, except for the entry of the teams. I believe what you need to do, if you are not already, is to become an MDC member. Then pm me the e-mail you use for MDC, and I can enter your name from here and that e-mail. I imagine that is the e-mail MDC uses to send you e-mails regarding picks, if you want to use that option. Once I have all 20 teams then I can randomize the order. At that point we can discuss start dates and any pick deadlines.

Here's the 20 teams (I had double counted mgwizz). 20 is our limit for a free league (Yahoo), unless someone knows of a free site that can accommodate more that people would be comfortable using. But anyone else still interested should feel free to post, as vacancies may arise through the process.

DJBeasties
              willthethrill
              Hornsby
              Piney Boy
              revo
              mgwizz22
              Weapon1
              Moonlight J
              DMT
              BuckyBuckner
              Pogues
              joncarlos
              Stephen
              Don Quixote
              the heat
              BigJonEmpire
              mjl
              Hammer
              silentmist
              bryanbutler

Comment

PM sent.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Updating: I have added 15 teams to the MDC draft site, waiting on pm's with e-mail addresses from the following 5: Hornsby, mgwizz22, Don Quixote, BigJonEmpire, silentmist

Comment

anyone go onto MDC and view an ADP report? Seems real screwy. Pujols 9th? J. Bautista 11th? BJ Upton 24th?!?!? Scherzer 55th? Puig 56th? Jesus Montero 102nd?????

It seems like they're combining this year and last year, but the report says this is for 41 drafts run between 1/19 and 1/22 2014. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      anyone go onto MDC and view an ADP report? Seems real screwy. Pujols 9th? J. Bautista 11th? BJ Upton 24th?!?!? Scherzer 55th? Puig 56th? Jesus Montero 102nd?????

It seems like they're combining this year and last year, but the report says this is for 41 drafts run between 1/19 and 1/22 2014. Strange.
                      Yes, I saw that too. I figured it was because not a lot of drafts have been completed yet and it was just people doing weird things when drafting but I laughed when I saw Upton at 24.
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I'm not sure if I should have gotten an email from MDC yet but I didn't see anything so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                          Updating: I have added 15 teams to the MDC draft site, waiting on pm's with e-mail addresses from the following 5: Hornsby, mgwizz22, Don Quixote, BigJonEmpire, silentmist
                          Alright, sent off the information and a few dollars to defray costs...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Sent my info to Weapon1 a couple of minutes ago.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I'm not sure if I should have gotten an email from MDC yet but I didn't see anything so far.
                              i haven't seen anything either, so i'm assuming you shouldn't be expecting anything yet...

Comment

Don't think you'll see an e-mail until it is full, and still waiting on BigJohn. Sent him pm and used e-mail function, but he hasn't been here for 5 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X