No announcement yet.

2014 Real Mock Interest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The draft rules from last year are copied below. We've also used 2 DL spots, but those don't become available until after the league is inputted and Yahoo begins recognizing MLB DL moves, which likely isn't until a week or so before the season.

4hrs per pick from 9am - 9pm (M-F) ET

6hrs per pick on Weekends from 9am - 9pm ET

Rd 1 there is no clock as we have always done.

27-man rosters: 13 hitters (C,1B,3B,CI,2B,SS,MI,OF,OF,OF,OF,OF,UT), 9 pitchers (SP,SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P,P,P), 5 reserves (any).

Position eligibility is 15 games played last season for draft purposes (or the majority of games played for those players who did not play 15 games at any one position)

Starters must be picked before reserves.

Comment

I am curious, why is 15 games used rather than 20 games which seems to be more standard?

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
        I am curious, why is 15 games used rather than 20 games which seems to be more standard?
        At one time Yahoo had rules for stating position eligibility at the start of the year. We have just kept this since yahoo has not started the game yet. Yahoo has moved off the 15 game rule and goes with a past performance for eligibility. We do use yahoo's list once it comes out.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

when are we starting this up?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Still waiting on BigJon (Last Activity:01-18-2014 09:18), but at this point I say if anyone else wants the last spot, they can have it, and we can begin. Otherwise we can do a 19 teamer.

Comment

I just sent a message to Jon's phone so we will see if he still plans on doing it. Hopefully he responds soon.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Weapon - I just sent you a PM with Jon's email address.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Thanks. I'm here often sorry i missed the pm until now. Then my stupid work phone would not stop ringing.

Comment

He has yet to supply an e-mail address for MDC. If he doesn't within the next few hours, I'll try to create a separate MDC ID for "Open Slot" and sub him in later This way at least we get the draft order set.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                      He has yet to supply an e-mail address for MDC. If he doesn't within the next few hours, I'll try to create a separate MDC ID for "Open Slot" and sub him in later This way at least we get the draft order set.
                      Are you talking about Jon? I sent you a PM with his email address.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Are you talking about Jon? I sent you a PM with his email address.
                        i think he's saying jon needs to go in to MDC and put his own email address in, linked to his MDC account. at least that's the way i read it...
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood that this was a contact e-mail, not MDC e-mail He's in, and I'm going to shuffle the draft order.

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood that this was a contact e-mail, not MDC e-mail He's in, and I'm going to shuffle the draft order.
                            Cool. No worries. I guess I could have been more clear in my PM.

Are we going to start it up Monday? I'm gonna be away for the weekend and won't have a lot of time to check in.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

New thread here ::http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...574#post174574

People seemed antsy to start so it will kick off later this afternoon. Bucky you are picking towards the end so you should be good to ignore it this weekend.

Comment

New thread here ::http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...574#post174574

People seemed antsy to start so it will kick off later this afternoon. Bucky you are picking towards the end so you should be good to ignore it this weekend.
                                That works. Thanks

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X