No announcement yet.

Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tthe DBacks will never pitch Putz 3 straight nights, or max out his IP.

I assume that anyone who bought on "fragile" has netted a nice profit so far.

Let's not get greedy here.......
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Putz has said he was a little worn out from warming up for 6 out of 7 games on the last trip. But he does think he can go three games in a row this year.

Comment

• i was joking. i hate it when they feel the need to use closers in non-save situations then i lose a save out of it.

Comment

• Sounds like Mitchell Boggs getting sent down?

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
            Sounds like Mitchell Boggs getting sent down?
            Gotta be Boggs. It's the only thing that makes sense (besides just flat-out dumping Franklin.) LaRussa isn't even using Boggs at all anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              Gotta be Boggs. It's the only thing that makes sense (besides just flat-out dumping Franklin.) LaRussa isn't even using Boggs at all anymore.
              Boggs must have done something wrong besides just blow a save after saving three in a row.
              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                Boggs must have done something wrong besides just blow a save after saving three in a row.
                Well, LaRussa does have a hot daughter. Just sayin'...http://twitter.com/#!/biancatai
                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                UTIL- Benintendi
                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                IL: Buxton

Comment

• Jasen in for the save opportunity! I told you!

Comment

• Per GameCast this has been UGLY so far. Opened 3-0 to Chris Johnson, then got him 3-2, fouled a couple pitches off before striking him out. Hall singled to "deep left" per GameCast. He was 0-2 on Hall, and if GameCast can be believed, he hit a pitch that would have otherwise hit him. He then went 3-0 on Downs before striking him out. Sanchez then worked an 11 pitch walk. He opened with Sanchez 2-0 before coming back 2-2. Sanchez then fouled off SIX pitches before working the walk. Hall and Sanchez stole 3rd and 2nd, respectively during Bourn's at bat. FULL COUNT to Bourn. Jeezus...Bourn doubled to score 2. Blown save. Eff-me. Hahaha.

Comment

• 0-2 to Barmes...Hits him with a pitch. Good lordy...

Comment

• The real question is, wth did Mattingly yank Kershaw after 84 pitches when the bp is such a disaster?
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Jasen in for the save opportunity! I told you!
                          Jansen with the blown save!

After doing so well with his control lately, he really had a tough time finding the strike zone tonight. He went to a 3-ball count on 5 of the first 6 batters he faced, walking one of them, while giving up two hard hits and the game-ending jam job. I think Jansen is still the most closer-like option in the Dodgers' bullpen, but don't be surprised if Guerrier (or maybe MacDougal) get the next few save chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            The real question is, wth did Mattingly yank Kershaw after 84 pitches when the bp is such a disaster?
                            There were runners on first and second with two outs when Kershaw's spot in the line-up came up. Ethier pinch-hit and promptly knocked in the go-ahead and run (and another scored on a fielding error) so it was definitely the right call at the time. The bullpen had actually done a lot better lately, but Jansen reverted to his previous self in taking the loss.

Comment

Per GameCast this has been UGLY so far. Opened 3-0 to Chris Johnson, then got him 3-2, fouled a couple pitches off before striking him out. Hall singled to "deep left" per GameCast. He was 0-2 on Hall, and if GameCast can be believed, he hit a pitch that would have otherwise hit him. He then went 3-0 on Downs before striking him out. Sanchez then worked an 11 pitch walk. He opened with Sanchez 2-0 before coming back 2-2. Sanchez then fouled off SIX pitches before working the walk. Hall and Sanchez stole 3rd and 2nd, respectively during Bourn's at bat. FULL COUNT to Bourn. Jeezus...Bourn doubled to score 2. Blown save. Eff-me. Hahaha.
                              It truly was ugly. He was still throwing pretty good gas, but his location was all over the place. Hall's single was a line shot off the left field wall that would normally be a double but Gwynn played it perfectly and it was a 2-run game anyway. Bourn's double was a hard hit grounder that Loney dove for but it was too close to the line. Pence's game-winner was in on the hands but he had plenty of muscle to drop it into short left field.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                Jansen with the blown save!
                                Double damn!!

I have Norris pitching well enough to win and the Astros can't score runs for him. But, when my reliever (Jansen) has a chance to get the save, their bats come to life. Arrrrrgh!!!!
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X