2k13: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
    I watched the whole game and the stadium was so quiet for the most part. Weird to see in a BOS/NYY game.
    Well, there's not much to get excited about when the 4th and 5th place teams (maybe 3rd and 4th or 3rd and 5th depending on Oriole regression) are playing.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Well, there's not much to get excited about when the 4th and 5th place teams (maybe 3rd and 4th or 3rd and 5th depending on Oriole regression) are playing.
      you wouldn't have known that from the way o'brien, sutcliffe, and boone were talking. they kept talking about how great the sox are this year, and how the yankees will be in great shape after injury returns (presumably granderson & a-rod). ugh. idiots.

and, hey, don't be dissin' my o's!
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• According to Buster Olney, Cano is firing Boras and looking for a new agent. A ray of hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          According to Buster Olney, Cano is firing Boras and looking for a new agent. A ray of hope!
          Signed with CAA and Jay-Z's new marketing firm, would seem to indicate a preference to stay in NYC.
          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Cano's gonna look nice in Dodger blue!
            I would think the odds of that just went down. While money is still the most important factor, I haven't seen Jay-Z in too many Dodgers caps or singing too many songs about LA. Maybe if LL Cool J, Dr. Dre, or Randy Newman had signed Cano you could start buying your Cano jerseys.

Also, apparently CAA's biggest clients have a trend of signing extensions before hitting free agency, obviously far more so than Boras clients.

We'll see, but I can't see this as anything but a positive for the Yankees chances.

ETA: This doesn't hurt either:

@DanBarbarisi: Interesting things to note: Cano’s new agent @bvanwagenen has the old Yankee Stadium facade in his Twitter background picture….
            Last edited by TopChuckie; 04-02-2013, 11:57 AM.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• If Kuroda is out for a significant amount of time, the Yankees may be looking at 4th place.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                If Kuroda is out for a significant amount of time, the Yankees may be looking at 4th place.
                I'm really not being facetious here, but why would they finish better without Kuroda?

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  If Kuroda is out for a significant amount of time, the Yankees may be looking at 4th place.
                  Anything other than a last place finish in the division this season would be a pleasant surprise for this Yankees' fan. I'm not as comfortable with the Yankees' pitching as some, and the hitting is probably going to be terrible for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Anything other than a last place finish in the division this season would be a pleasant surprise for this Yankees' fan. I'm not as comfortable with the Yankees' pitching as some, and the hitting is probably going to be terrible for a while.
                    I don't understand how some pundits (i.e. Mike Francesa) believe the Yankee pitching is "strong."

- CC is an ace, but let's face reality, he's not close to the level of a Verlander/Kershaw/Strasburg/Felix etc. He's also a poor post-season performer. And he's also 33.
                    - Kuroda is a fine #3, but is pushing it as a #2. He's also 38.
                    - Andy Pettitte is 41 years old, was retired for a full season, and can't be counted on to pitch a full season. 'nuff said.
                    - Phil Hughes is completely unreliable and inconsistent.
                    - Ivan Nova is terrible.
                    - Mo is coming off the first major injury of his career and is almost 44 years old.

Robertson is a great setup man, but the rest of the pen is made up of no-name shlubs, and Joba.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I don't understand how some pundits (i.e. Mike Francesa) believe the Yankee pitching is "strong."

- CC is an ace, but let's face reality, he's not close to the level of a Verlander/Kershaw/Strasburg/Felix etc. He's also a poor post-season performer. And he's also 33.
                      - Kuroda is a fine #3, but is pushing it as a #2. He's also 38.
                      - Andy Pettitte is 41 years old, was retired for a full season, and can't be counted on to pitch a full season. 'nuff said.
                      - Phil Hughes is completely unreliable and inconsistent.
                      - Ivan Nova is terrible.
                      - Mo is coming off the first major injury of his career and is almost 44 years old.

Robertson is a great setup man, but the rest of the pen is made up of no-name shlubs, and Joba.
                      The pitching is strong...compared to the hitting. Sigh. I'm with Fly anything other than last place and I'm happy.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• The better lineup...?

Gardner, CF
                        Suzuki, RF
                        Cano, 2B
                        Youkilis, 3B
                        Hafner, DH
                        Wells, LF
                        Overbay, 1B
                        Nunez, SS
                        C. Stewart, C

or

Sax, 2B
                        A. Espinoza, SS
                        Mattingly, 1B
                        Winfield, DH
                        M. Hall, LF
                        Barfield, RF
                        R. Kelly, CF
                        Geren, C
                        Blowers, 3B

Comment

• Nunez left today's game after getting hit with a pitch. Not sure where he got hit (arm? chest? hand?) but it sounded really bad. Jayson Nix would take over at SS, and the Yankees don't even have a backup SS on the 40-man.

(Tyler Greene, please pick up the white courtesy phone)

Comment

Nunez left today's game after getting hit with a pitch. Not sure where he got hit (arm? chest? hand?) but it sounded really bad. Jayson Nix would take over at SS, and the Yankees don't even have a backup SS on the 40-man.

(Tyler Greene, please pick up the white courtesy phone)
                            It seems like it probably hit the top of his ribcage. Brutal.

Comment

• Two gems from John Sterling:

It's a Nuke From Youk!!!

and a special bonus, "it seems like Youkilis is 'Kevin Sent'"

Comment

Two gems from John Sterling:

It's a Nuke From Youk!!!

and a special bonus, "it seems like Youkilis is 'Kevin Sent'"
                                How the hell is he still employed? He's awful.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X