No announcement yet.

2k13: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Cashman has brain damage... http://nomaas.org/2013/03/a-comedy-of-errors/

As if acquiring Vernon Wells wasn’t hilarious enough, the Yankees then released one of their better hitting prospects in order to make room for the former Angel on the 40-man roster. Twenty-five year old David Adams was cut loose on Tuesday by the Yankees brass, after hitting .306/.385/.450 (133 wRC+) in 383 PAs at Double-A last season.

Drafted in the 3rd round of the 2008 draft, Adams was hampered by injuries during his minor league career, which slowed his advancement through the system. However, when healthy, he hit at every level (.295/.378/.448 MiLB career) and always received solid reviews about his bat.

The Yankees transitioned Adams from second base to third base during last season, and he was set to open the season at the hot corner for Triple-A Scranton.

And now he’s been cut to make room for replacement-level Vernon Wells.

After all, it’s not like the Yankees need third base prospects. They have a perfectly healthy and durable third baseman who’s signed through 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
      I think Cashman has brain damage... http://nomaas.org/2013/03/a-comedy-of-errors/
      I'm telling you, this is some sort of cosmic revenge for all the years that George ran roughshod over MLB. I don't know if you follow Joe Sheehan at all, but he's a (normally) bright guy who twisted himself into a Gordian knot trying to justify the Wells deal. None of his rational made any sort of sense at all, but it was comical to read.

And while Adams may not have ever been an All-Star, you can't tell me that there's not someone else on the 40 man roster who could have been released, anyone.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'm telling you, this is some sort of cosmic revenge for all the years that George ran roughshod over MLB. I don't know if you follow Joe Sheehan at all, but he's a (normally) bright guy who twisted himself into a Gordian knot trying to justify the Wells deal. None of his rational made any sort of sense at all, but it was comical to read.

And while Adams may not have ever been an All-Star, you can't tell me that there's not someone else on the 40 man roster who could have been released, anyone.
        I love Joe Sheehan but I haven't subscribed to his newsletter this year. But there certainly has to be someone else. Without even thinking about it, Ben Francisco or one of the other scrubs who won't play because of Wells being on the roster seems like a better choice.

Comment

Yanks add another old scrub to the mix:

Yankees signed 1B Lyle Overbay to a minor league contract.
          Overbay was released by the Red Sox on Tuesday morning but found a new, possibly better, gig within a couple of hours. The 36-year-old could get semi-regular starts at first base for New York in the early going but he is highly doubtful to hold any fantasy relevance. Mar 26 - 4:22 PM
          Source: Erik Boland on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I don't know if you follow Joe Sheehan at all, but he's a (normally) bright guy
            I dunno, to me he's always come off more as "guy who tries to justify his biases" as opposed to "guy who does analysis."

I mean, this is sports, there's nothing wrong with the former, but don't dress it up as the latter if it isn't.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Yankees manager Joe Girardi confirmed Wednesday that Phil Hughes (back) will begin the season on the disabled list.
              The good news is that Hughes hasn't had any issues with his back in minor league games and could be ready to make his season debut around April 11. Ivan Nova and David Phelps will begin the season with rotation spots.
              Related: Ivan Nova, David Phelps
              Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter Mar 27 - 2:13 PM

Comment

Losing Adams bothers me even more than wasting AB's on Wells that could be going to guys with some degree of upside, but if I were the Angels I'd be pissed. If the Yanks were going to cut Adams to make room for Wells anyway, then why not give Adams to the Angels? He's far more valuable than what they got. The Yanks could potentially need to open up 3 or 4 more 40-man roster spots before opening day. Bringing in all this crap that seemed like no cost at the time is starting to add up.
                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                  Losing Adams bothers me even more than wasting AB's on Wells that could be going to guys with some degree of upside, but if I were the Angels I'd be pissed. If the Yanks were going to cut Adams to make room for Wells anyway, then why not give Adams to the Angels? He's far more valuable than what they got. The Yanks could potentially need to open up 3 or 4 more 40-man roster spots before opening day. Bringing in all this crap that seemed like no cost at the time is starting to add up.
                  One of the Angels' few holes is 3B. They should just definitely put in a claim, although he probably won't make it that far. The Astros have been good about grabbing guys like this recently, and well, that ends that.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    I dunno, to me he's always come off more as "guy who tries to justify his biases" as opposed to "guy who does analysis."

I mean, this is sports, there's nothing wrong with the former, but don't dress it up as the latter if it isn't.
                    That's probably a better way to look at it...which is why, subconsciously at least, I began to read the first paragraph of the newsletter and then scroll to the end without reading the body. It was just too painful on many day. I dropped my subscription, but for some reason it continues to come...it's like having a Jehovahs Witness accost you with a copy of the Watchtower and demand that you read at least one paragraph before they'll leave.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Yankees release Juan Rivera

Comment

• way to go, Yankee fans! This is Yankee Stadium during today's 9th inning (down 8-2 and drizzling):

Comment

• I watched the whole game and the stadium was so quiet for the most part. Weird to see in a BOS/NYY game.
                          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• and to be fair, when this was taken it was already a 6-run lead and starting to pour rain. Indicative but slightly exaggerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                              I watched the whole game and the stadium was so quiet for the most part. Weird to see in a BOS/NYY game.
                              I had CC going around the time that class was starting so I was following online. By the time I got home the game was still going. Red Sox/Yankees games are too damn long.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                                I had CC going around the time that class was starting so I was following online. By the time I got home the game was still going. Red Sox/Yankees games are too damn long.
                                I was tired by 3:45 ET and it still went another hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X