RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Can't believe how far Cole and Nola and Schoop fell. They were all on my short list last round.

I had to pick Cutch - there's a lot that needs to go right, but there's a chance for .360 OBP, 25 HR and 10 steals, maybe even decent counting stats. He probably won't hit all of those marks, but maybe some of them. Who IS the Giants leadoff hitter anyway? I guess Dyson or LoCain if they sign them?
    The Dyson market is heating up a bit, I read that Baltimore might be in the hunt. LoCain doesn't seem to be an option at this time since he's got the draft picks attached to him. But I can see a somewhat lowball offer that the Reds would take for for Hamilton, although I can't see him leading off with an OBP of .300. Might actually end up being Cutch...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I guess this is the time to reach for players who were great in the past. If he can get healthy ...?

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
        I guess this is the time to reach for players who were great in the past. If he can get healthy ...?
        Or reach for players who may have a breakout year. Once Cano went, Moncada was the pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Or reach for players who may have a breakout year. Once Cano went, Moncada was the pick.
          unless you needed another respectable pitcher - I dont get a pick for 20 picks and not sure what could be left then

Comment

• can you post a public link to the draft for us to follow along? - thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by NL Only View Post
              can you post a public link to the draft for us to follow along? - thanks!

17 team 5x5 using OBP. My team is the best, so a good game to play as you watch is to figure out just how much more ahead I am after each round.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantas...pe=LIVE_ONLINE

17 team 5x5 using OBP. My team is the best, so a good game to play as you watch is to figure out just how much more ahead I am after each round.
                You're still seething that I took Tommy Pham away from you...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Andrew Miller is so good. If he performs like his last four years he's 60-70 IP of an ERA around 2, a WHIP around 0.8, and 100 Ks along with a handful of wins, and some percentage of the time Cody Allen breaks his leg and you get a Jansen.

For what it's worth, FG has him as the eighth best reliever.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• If you were in the draft room and a message popped up that the "league configuration changed", don't be alarmed, it was only to change the eligibility to 3 games in 2018 from what they had listed.

Comment

• Just FYI, you can draft however you want. No need to fill out the starting lineup first.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        If you were in the draft room and a message popped up that the "league configuration changed", don't be alarmed, it was only to change the eligibility to 3 games in 2018 from what they had listed.
                        Curious, why 3? Isn't 5 the standard? I'd prefer this to use pretty standard settings where possible since its primary use is a reference. The more similarities between this "league" and others we all have, the more relevant the data.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Curious, why 3? Isn't 5 the standard? I'd prefer this to use pretty standard settings where possible since its primary use is a reference. The more similarities between this "league" and others we all have, the more relevant the data.
                          isnt 5 the standard or is there a new movement to make it three
                          and dont get me started on Rizzo being a 2nd baseman

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            isnt 5 the standard or is there a new movement to make it three
                            and dont get me started on Rizzo being a 2nd baseman
                            Where have you seen 3 previously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              We could use 5, I really don't care. All my leagues use 3, however.

Comment

• This is the first I have ever heard of a three game rule

Comment

Working...
                                X