Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
    The Wildhearts aren't eligible
    Haha. I would have selected them already if they were. I have a few of theirs on vinyl but the first album is almost impossible to find.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Vinyl Snobs would be a good name for a band.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Superfly was on my list. If Off the Wall and Songs in the Key of Life were slept on until the late 5th/early 6th, I was hoping that would be slept on even later. Unbelievably good stuff.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I have all the albums I've picked so far on vinyl.
          Me too me too! Have you guys picked up your cool cards yet? They're really shiny.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Me too me too! Have you guys picked up your cool cards yet? They're really shiny.
            I've had mine for ages.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Goddamnit, Chris! This was literally the last of the 70's funk/soul/r&b on my list.
              You need a longer list.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Damn! John Barleycorn is awesome, and it was on my short list for next time around. Nice pick from Erik.

And yes, the R&B classics are dwindling, but it doesn't mean we're done in that realm by a longshot, not yet, anyway.

And you can all enjoy fighting over Steely Dan, for I'm with Seth Rogen on this one. "No offense, but Steely Dan gargles my balls."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  You need a longer list.
                  Possibly, but like I said I'm only drafting albums I actually own and love. I'm not going to reach for something just because I think I should. There's one or two "big" albums still sitting out there that I'm not taking just on name brand alone.

Comment

That's a new kind of snobbery, Shaun.
                    Actually I like to refer to it as seniority....

I have my turntable in my office at work, had it playing this morning---nothing eligible in this draft tho......"Frightened Rabbit--State Hospital"
                    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGaffer View Post
                      Damn! John Barleycorn is awesome, and it was on my short list for next time around. Nice pick from Erik.

And yes, the R&B classics are dwindling, but it doesn't mean we're done in that realm by a longshot, not yet, anyway.

And you can all enjoy fighting over Steely Dan, for I'm with Seth Rogen on this one. "No offense, but Steely Dan gargles my balls."
                      Even I like that record and I'm no prog aficionado.

Comment

• Was hoping John Barleycorn would drop a bit more. Side one was so good, it took a while before I flipped the album over.
                        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• I did not anticipate "John Barleycorn" being picked this early. Great album! If you don't like "Glad", check your pulse..you may be dead.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Is Traffic prog?

"Prog" is one of those shadowy words that I'm never really sure what it means. Like "post-punk."

I guess if an album has multiple songs exceeding 6 minutes in length, it's a prog album. Am I close?
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Goddamnit, Chris! This was literally the last of the 70's funk/soul/r&b on my list.
                              Don't blame me, I'm trying to draft all the punk/post-punk/new wave off your list, freeing you up for other stuff.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Hey, Bucky's worse than I am.

Buckybuckner
                                Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy (1976)
                                The Clash - The Clash (1977)
                                In Color - Cheap Trick (1977)
                                Duty Now for the Future - Devo (1979)
                                Armed Forces - Elvis Costello & the Attractions (1979)

Friarfan
                                London Calling - The Clash (1979)
                                The Ramones - The Ramones (1976)
                                Raw Power - The Stooges (1973)
                                Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! - Devo (1978)
                                One Step Beyond - Madness (1979)
                                I'm pretty sure I'm winning the late 70s competition right now:

Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division (1979)
                                Bat Out of Hell - Meat Loaf (1977)
                                Singles Going Steady - Buzzcocks (1979)
                                News of the World - Queen (1977)
                                The B-52's - The B-52s (1979)
                                Lust for Life - Iggy Pop (1977)
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X