*** 1970's Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    You will pass on the opportunity to make Rush the 1st pick of the entire 1970's. When the Rush community find out, there'll be hell to pay.
    It would be funny if every Rush album from Fly By Night through Hemispheres was picked before it got back to Mith, leaving him with their Peart-less debut (which is terrible aside from "Working Man").
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I love my draft slot.
      Stephen is joining ... so he'll slot in at 17 in the first round, then will be randomly assigned from the 2nd onwards. I won't assign him a permanent slot until we near the end of the round, just in case anyone else jumps in.

How can Lucky not be in this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
        It would be funny if every Rush album from Fly By Night through Hemispheres was picked before it got back to Mith, leaving him with their Peart-less debut (which is terrible aside from "Working Man").
        That'd be a Mith win-win ... 6 Rush records in the first 2 rounds ... we'd never hear the end of it.

Comment

Yeah sure!!!

And the debut is damn good hard rock!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

You will pass on the opportunity to make Rush the 1st pick of the entire 1970's. When the Rush community find out, there'll be hell to pay.
            As much as i love Rush, i love Zep just as much...maybe even a smidge more on some days.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              And the debut is damn good hard rock!
              It's a mediocre Zeppelin imitation. Which was common for the time; Rush turned into something much more than that when Peart joined.

Comment

• The Gaffer likes Rush as well, FYI. I don't know if he likes them enough to take one of their albums in the first two rounds, but he is a fan.

Comment

It's a mediocre Zeppelin imitation. Which was common for the time; Rush turned into something much more than that when Peart joined.
                  Early Rush was their Zeppelin period, late 70s their Genesis, then the Police in the early 80s.
                  One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

It's not fair to compare any band to Zep!! On it's own without any comparison it's as good a rock record as just about anything non-Zep at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
                      Early Rush was their Zeppelin period, late 70s their Genesis, then the Police in the early 80s.
                      Hahaha...were they ever "Rush"?

Comment

• Classic rock cock fighting

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          On it's own without any comparison it's as good a rock record as just about anything non-Zep at the time.
                          Even the lyrics? They're godawful. Sammy Hagar would cringe at them.

Comment

That's a low blow.

Comment

yeah the lyrics are pretty weak.

Comment

Classic rock cock fighting

Mith, zip it up, let's roll.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X