No announcement yet.

*** 1970's Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone. Happy to be here. Thanks Erik for inviting me to this thing. I'm leading off with Disco Duck.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGaffer View Post
      Hi everyone. Happy to be here. Thanks Erik for inviting me to this thing. I'm leading off with Disco Duck.
      He has been apprised of the Hey Bulldog scandal.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• With Overkill in the 2 slot, the odds on a Zep 1-2 punch must be pretty short.

Comment

• If it's gonna be Zep at 1.01, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

:shrug:

Comment

• Ugh, exactly where I didn't want to be. Oh well, at least I'll get one that I really want. Then again, I'll probably be kicking myself for the 30 picks until my 2nd rounder thinking I went with the wrong strategy

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              If it's gonna be Zep at 1.01, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

:shrug:
              Physical and IV are a toss up for me....always have been...
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                So flip a coin!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• 1970's Album Draft Bold Predictions:

1) Styx, The Carpenters, and Mott The Hoople all hit the board before the first Eric Clapton solo album is picked.
                  2) Journey outdraws Elton John 3-1.
                  3) A drafter quits in a huff when the Grease soundtrack is ruled ineligible.
                  4) ManCalledFoot selects Pablo Cruise, claims his account was hacked, but oddly declines to repick.
                  5) In Round 6, DMT realizes he can't possibly select all the stone cold classics on his list, and starts lobbying to expand the draft to 50 rounds.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    So flip a coin!
                    Coin flipped. "Stairway" and "When the Levee" pushed IV in front by a nose. And the "Battle of Evermore" is one of my Zep favorites too.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Coin flipped. "Stairway" and "When the Levee" pushed IV in front by a nose. And the "Battle of Evermore" is one of my Zep favorites too.
                      Just listened to it a few days ago, definitely a worthy #1 pick.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        1970's Album Draft Bold Predictions:

1) Styx, The Carpenters, and Mott The Hoople all hit the board before the first Eric Clapton solo album is picked.
                        4) ManCalledFoot selects Pablo Cruise, claims his account was hacked, but oddly declines to repick.
                        5) In Round 6, DMT realizes he can't possibly select all the stone cold classics on his list, and starts lobbying to expand the draft to 50 rounds.

I fit one of those predictions...

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          1970's Album Draft Bold Predictions:

#5 isn't a bold prediction since it already happened!
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Nice open with Zep IV Mith.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGaffer View Post
                              Nice open with Zep IV Mith.
                              Thanks. Just don't steal my Rush pick

Comment

I'd have picked IV without hesitation if I were picking a Zep album at 1.01. Since I don't have the 1.01 problem, I don't have to bother myself with what my 1970's #1 would be ... but IV is up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X