No announcement yet.

WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to call as there is no guarantee that he has an over pair. That is a continuation bet, not a bet trying to move you out.

SO I would likely have to raise, unless you feel he has the over pair.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      I raise $8000. Folded around to the original raiser. He called.

Flop: 3h 8d 5c

He bet out $12,000. Total whiff for me...this could get expense, or I fold it like a cheap suit.
      You have to at least call. His bet is small enough that he can get away from it if you shove, so that is decent play as well. Even if he has a pair you've got 6 outs and since you re-raised he might put you on a monster. Or he could be trying to induce you to shove. Tough call, but you can't just fold IMO.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I called. The turn was the 10h.

! tired bets $15000
        ! ITCs Running Aces is next to act, $15000 to call
        ! Unlimited raises
        ! Pot size: $76100
        ! Next timeout set for Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:15 PST
        ! Betting round: 3
        ! Board: 3h 8d 5c 10h ?
        +-+----------------------------+--------+--------+------+----+--------+
        |#| Name |Bankroll| Action |Status|Pot#|Pot Size|
        1| Ben Irving | 69200 | 300 |folded| | |
        3|D> ITCs Running Aces | 41900 | 28000 | | | |
        4| Sir Barlow | 163675 | 1300 |folded| | |
        5| ICBlues | 97250 | 2300 |folded| | |
        6| kettledrum | 86075 | 300 |folded| | |
        7| Non Sequitur | 56525 | 300 |folded| | |
        8| tired | 41475 | 43000 | | | |
        9| Emiras | 13925 | 300 |folded| | |
        10| Un | 32950 | 300 |folded| | |

Looks like I'm going to call again.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I called. The turn was the 10h.

! tired bets $15000
          ! ITCs Running Aces is next to act, $15000 to call
          ! Unlimited raises
          ! Pot size: $76100
          ! Next timeout set for Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:15 PST
          ! Betting round: 3
          ! Board: 3h 8d 5c 10h ?
          1| Ben Irving | 69200 | 300 |folded| | |
          3|D> ITCs Running Aces | 41900 | 28000 | | | |
          4| Sir Barlow | 163675 | 1300 |folded| | |
          5| ICBlues | 97250 | 2300 |folded| | |
          6| kettledrum | 86075 | 300 |folded| | |
          7| Non Sequitur | 56525 | 300 |folded| | |
          8| tired | 41475 | 43000 | | | |
          9| Emiras | 13925 | 300 |folded| | |
          10| Un | 32950 | 300 |folded| | |

Looks like I'm going to call again.
          If he can fire twice you probably gotta give it up.

This is why you shoulda shipped

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            If he can fire twice you probably gotta give it up.

This is why you shoulda shipped
            Yea, if you're going to call again you might as well shove because you'll only have $26K left anyways.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Yup you either push or you fold now. Your call essentially declared BIG A.. Hes at a minimum saying he isnt afraid of your BIG A. so you either come over the top to try and push him off, or fold.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Yea, if you're going to call again you might as well shove because you'll only have $26K left anyways.
                If they fire twice in this spot it's almost never a straight up bluff (unless they have a huge draw ... there was no flush possible on the flop) ... probably a mid-pair ... 88 or something like that. I don't believe 88 will fold to a shove ... it won't be an easy call, but it's hard to fold.

I don't like this small ball play style of play preflop with ITC's passive style ... not at this stage of the tournament. Aggressive players will just blow him away or take him to valuetown. He's just gonna call off with marginal holdings in bad spots post-flop (like this), and he has to keep hitting big hands to stay alive. The net result will almost always be seeing his chip stack disintegrate.

IMO ITC needs to bail on this if he fires again and change up his preflop style. Decent hand ... ship it. Try and get lucky and chip up or chip out. This is moving time in a tourney ... always best to give yourself a shot of moving up to the top rather than just surviving (especially since I don't see ITC running 2 and 3 barrel bluffs).

Passive-aggressive isn't the best style of poker, but it can be effective if employed correctly.

Comment

• Folded to play another day...just not the Q-3 I was just dealt.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• You had too.

Comment

Folded to play another day...just not the Q-3 I was just dealt.
                      You're passive style of play can keep you alive, and if you catch a few hands, you can stay healthy. But when the blinds start to kick in, you need to change-up. You can't change-up post flop, because (a) the blinds are too big and you get pot committed too easily, and (b) passive players have problems being aggressive post flop, and when they do, it isn't always in the best spots. there's no point playing and just waiting hit a huge hand or die.

If I were you, I'd bring hyper preflop aggression into your game for this stage of a tourney and beyond. It's the easiest adjustment to make. Start shipping it in these spots ... AK versus a pf raise is a great spot to gamble for a huge pot. Forget about flops unless you have a good chip stack and can fish with small pairs of s-cons.

It simplifies the game, and gives you a gamblers shot of actually winning the tourney, or at the least, getting a big chip stack.

Comment

• What's my play here? I know I need to see what happens before me, but new hand dealt, I'm third to act with

Heye = 7c 7d

HAND IN PROGRESS
                        ! The Sicilian is next to act, $2000 to call
                        ! Next timeout set for Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:00 PST
                        ! Pot size: $5700
                        ! Board: ? ? ? ? ?
                        1|D threeputts | 152700 | 300 | | | |
                        3| Joshua Koppelman | 67500 | 1300 | | | |
                        4| Chris Fowlkes | 47200 | 2300 | | | |
                        5|_ The Sicilian | 71125 | 300 | | | |
                        6| Kevin Yeh | 75825 | 300 | | | |
                        7| heyelander | 60300 | 300 | | | |
                        8| Liz Caplan | 90525 | 300 | | | |
                        9| Virginia Slims | 49300 | 300 | | | |
                        10| Dean Martin | 282675 | 300 | | | |
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          If they fire twice in this spot it's almost never a straight up bluff (unless they have a huge draw ... there was no flush possible on the flop) ... probably a mid-pair ... 88 or something like that. I don't believe 88 will fold to a shove ... it won't be an easy call, but it's hard to fold.

I don't like this small ball play style of play preflop with ITC's passive style ... not at this stage of the tournament. Aggressive players will just blow him away or take him to valuetown. He's just gonna call off with marginal holdings in bad spots post-flop (like this), and he has to keep hitting big hands to stay alive. The net result will almost always be seeing his chip stack disintegrate.

IMO ITC needs to bail on this if he fires again and change up his preflop style. Decent hand ... ship it. Try and get lucky and chip up or chip out. This is moving time in a tourney ... always best to give yourself a shot of moving up to the top rather than just surviving (especially since I don't see ITC running 2 and 3 barrel bluffs).

Passive-aggressive isn't the best style of poker, but it can be effective if employed correctly.
                          I completely agree...I was also agreeing in that earlier post with your recommendation to fold. I think our earlier disagreement was basically that I thought players should have shifted into this gear back then while you were arguing for a more, ahem, cautious approach. But despite the length of time it was only a few rounds ago that we were disagreeing. Glad to see you come around so quickly.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            What's my play here? I know I need to see what happens before me, but new hand dealt, I'm third to act with

Heye = 7c 7d

HAND IN PROGRESS
                            ! The Sicilian is next to act, $2000 to call
                            ! Next timeout set for Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:00 PST
                            ! Pot size: $5700
                            ! Board: ? ? ? ? ?
                            1|D threeputts | 152700 | 300 | | | |
                            3| Joshua Koppelman | 67500 | 1300 | | | |
                            4| Chris Fowlkes | 47200 | 2300 | | | |
                            5|_ The Sicilian | 71125 | 300 | | | |
                            6| Kevin Yeh | 75825 | 300 | | | |
                            7| heyelander | 60300 | 300 | | | |
                            8| Liz Caplan | 90525 | 300 | | | |
                            9| Virginia Slims | 49300 | 300 | | | |
                            10| Dean Martin | 282675 | 300 | | | |
                            How has the big-stack been playing. From the button, he's likely to have a wide range of calling hands and might even re-raise if he's an aggressive player. I would probably just call here and hope to hit trips or a low flop. If there is a raise behind you, that's not a difficult call to make and I would not be afraid of shoving if the button--or any other player who's been very aggressive--tries to bully.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Big stack just doubled up last hand by shoving 70k pre flop after he limped ($2000) in (after 2 other limpers) with A4 off and the SB raised to $12000.

SB had JJ

flop was 4d As 9d (ouch).
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Big stack just doubled up last hand by shoving 70k pre flop after he limped ($2000) in (after 2 other limpers) with A4 off and the SB raised to $12000.

SB had JJ

flop was 4d As 9d (ouch).
                                I hope ITC is taking notes ... this is how you win tounrey's

Comment

Working...
                                X