WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    So Im first to act in this hand... Am dealt KJ off. Decide I am going to play. Starting stack of 38K. I open for a raise making it $3000 to go. Once caller so far and now waiting on the blinds.

Yeah - maybe I stuck my foot in this, but lets see where it ends up.

So the Flop was QJ2 rainbow. Pot of 8k and I led out with a $4000 bet post flop. My pre-flop caller called that bet. Now an A has hit. I just led out with another $6000 into a $16000 pot. I think that bet looks like I hit my A after the continuation bet post flop. Hoping that he drops the hand here, so we will see....
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• So my opponent has called me. There is $28k in the pot. My stack is $25k. I am thinking the only way to win this hand is to bet $10k. Which would leave me sitting at $15k - otherwise known as push or fold range.

River is a 9. There is no flush on the board QJ2A9.

Im going to try and buy this for $10K and if I lose, play the short stack....
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• He called the river bet. called Pre flop raise with Q10 and apparently would not give up the Q.

Oh well... time to play short stack poker and now Im in the BB.

Of course now we have a Live Redraw going so I have to wait too...

Comment

• the only hand I can see him calling you all along with that you can beat is 9-10. I don't think 10k is going to get him off a hand he's been calling all along, especially when he has to believe that 9 didn't do anything for you either... I think this is trouble.

edit:
          ah... yeah. bummer.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

So my opponent has called me. There is $28k in the pot. My stack is $25k. I am thinking the only way to win this hand is to bet $10k. Which would leave me sitting at $15k - otherwise known as push or fold range.

River is a 9. There is no flush on the board QJ2A9.

Im going to try and buy this for $10K and if I lose, play the short stack....
            I don't hate how you played the hand, although when you are out of position with a reasonable hand (second pair), you need to think about pot control more than blasting out bets. However in this case, I like the follow up bet on the turn when the Ace hit.

It shows the immense value of position in NLHE. You are now stuck in a position where you feel you have to throw out a big bet on the river just to prevent your opponent from bluffing you if he had a missed straight draw. Personally I like the 10K bet ... it might be enough to get him to lay down a pair of Q's with that Ace on the board (EDIT: clearly not ... but in a proper poker game it would usually be enough to force out a weak second pair like QT).

What I don't like is getting into that position in the first place. Playing out of position you get yourself in some horrible spots where there is no right answer

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              And a raise and a re-raise that would put me nearly all in ensures yet another fold.

My table is super aggressive pre-flop, which I can maybe use to my advantage, but not with these f'n rag ass cards.
              Lots of limping at my table.

Comment

• Johnny -
                I agree that opening this up may have been a problem, just surprised to see a call with Q10 on the river. Such is life

Comment

• Im in BB with K2 suited.... just under 12k left....

Comment

Im in BB with K2 suited.... just under 12k left....
                    This will make you feel better.....you have not hit my low of $900 yet.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Johnny -
                      I agree that opening this up may have been a problem, just surprised to see a call with Q10 on the river. Such is life
                      If it's a proper game of poker, you played it well after the flop IMO. There is a good argument for limping these kinds of hands OOP in a tournament like this when no-one folds. That won't help you if you go and play real poker though.

Comment

• I keep getting into games like that. Lots of limping, and when you raise there are few folds. It makes playing aggressive costly.

Comment

• Uh-oh... what's the story here?

133 60450 Fresno Bob
                          Did Piney suck out on you or something?

edit: Ah, flopped top pair with a shitty kicker and got out kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            Uh-oh... what's the story here?

yep, trying to be the big stack bully.....
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              Uh-oh... what's the story here?

You know that reads Piney sucked Fresno Bob. Sorry don't go that way.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• OK boys What do I do??

Im short stack in the BB and have Kc2c. There was a small raise and three callers. Do I call the $1200 for pot odds and then see if I catch? Here is the hand history so far.

! Table c4, Hand 99, Day 79

! Heckler calls
                                ! Milo Minderbinder folds
                                ! baldgriff is next to act, $1200 to call
                                ! Unlimited raises
                                ! Pot size: $8200
                                ! Next timeout set for Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:03 PST
                                ! Betting round: 1
                                ! Board: ? ? ? ? ?
                                +-+----------------------------+--------+--------+------+----+--------+
                                |#| Name |Bankroll| Action |Status|Pot#|Pot Size|
                                1|D Heckler | 105800 | 2100 | | | |
                                2| Milo Minderbinder | 46700 | 500 |folded| | |
                                3|> baldgriff | 11150 | 900 | | | |
                                4| Sole | 81500 | 2100 | | | |
                                5| gerdog | 24650 | 100 |folded| | |
                                6| Puma | 38750 | 2100 | | | |
                                7| Judy White | 94000 | 100 |folded| | |
                                8| HowieC | 21400 | 100 |folded| | |
                                9| Flyer | 41200 | 100 |folded| | |
                                10| Paul Stine | 29850 | 100 |folded| | |

Comment

Working...
                                X