WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    If you want to draw to 3 outs for what is essentially a third or more of your stack - go for it... I would likely fold.

Edit to add: if you hit your K you could be dead. If you get your A you still could be dead to to pair.... I dont like the texture of the flop for you because you really only have 3 clear outs.
    Has the big stack been a bully? If so, this flop would be a prime opportunity for him to check-raise on a bluff. My decision would come down to how good of a player I viewed the big stack to be. If he was a good player I'd be more likely to call but if he's been playing pretty straightforward then he probably has you beat. If you don't have enough information, then err on the side of caution and fold.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The Big Stack hasn't been bullying people which led me to fold the hand. Live to play with a better hand at some point...
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Maybe this is a fundamental thing - but in early position, I hate to just limp. In this last hand I was 3rd to act and the 2 players before me limped. I had A9 offsuit and just tossed them away. Now there are 2 more limpers and the BB hasnt even acted. I wouldnt want to play A9 off against multiple players.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I just raised KQo in second position and instantly regretted it. Got two callers including the SB, missed the flop and the SB throws out a pot sized bet and I'm out my raise. Should have just folded it.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I went on a JAM-fest and finally busted out
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Blinds going up 800/1400 with 200 ante....

I have 25K left and need to pick up a hand here soon so I can push.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I just got A-Q off suit. I'm in late position (2 before the dealer). I'm sitting at about $28K. I'm thinking this hand will either cripple me or get me back in the game.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

• Jam is your play

Comment

• I'm all in against one other person who raised pre-flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      I'm all in against one other person who raised pre-flop.
                      good luck all-in.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Well, he folded. I'm back to $35K, and I just got Q-J suited...I love suited connectors.

Comment

Well, he folded. I'm back to $35K, and I just got Q-J suited...I love suited connectors.
                          So I called and was raised $3075 by the dealer, which I call as well. It is just the two of us in the hand.

I have Qc-Jc. Flop came 8h, 10d, Kd. While it would have been great for the 10 and K to be clubs, I really like this flop. Question is what to do?

I'm at $31K and he is at $37K.

Comment

So I called and was raised $3075 by the dealer, which I call as well. It is just the two of us in the hand.

I have Qc-Jc. Flop came 8h, 10d, Kd. While it would have been great for the 10 and K to be clubs, I really like this flop. Question is what to do?

I'm at $31K and he is at $37K.
                            Since you have nothing yet and he raised pre-flop, I would check here and call a reasonable bet...if he jams you have to fold and I think he's more likely to jam if you lead out with a bet.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• You need to pot control like DMt suggests ... no value in semi-bluffing in these games ... they don't fold. You want to stay in this hand for as cheap as possible, because if you make your hand there is a very strong chance your opponent will make a 2 pair+ hand and you will get his entire stack on the river.

Comment

• I checked and he bet $6825. That's twice his original raise. I really want to call, but would love some input.

Comment

Working...
                                X