No announcement yet.

WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Im sitting with a stack of 35k blinds 500/900 ante is 100... I have folded every hand at this new table since we started. A total of 7 hands so far. I am now under the gun and get dealt 76 off. At this point, there is no limping in on hands.

Well I really want to play this hand, not playing a hand since we started this table, I am hoping people would notice I havent played.

So I think about a raise to $2200, but then I says to myself - - - "Self, do you want to end up donking your stack with 76off. Your going to be behind any callers, and you cant call a re-raise. If the cards where suited, then you can think about it. This isnt the spot for you to make this move....""

At which point, I typed FOLD again....

Next hand Im in the BB. Wonder if I will pick up a hand then?
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• el foldo special..... man I am card dead
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I just had pocket 10s. there were a couple of limpers before me and I threw out a pot size raise. Got 3 calls! Flop comes AKJ rainbow. first guy bet 1/2 the pot and the next guy jammed. oh well.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• OK - im in the SB and dealt 32 suited.... Two limpers so far and there are 3 people to act. If there are no raises, do you put the 400 in and see what happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            OK - im in the SB and dealt 32 suited.... Two limpers so far and there are 3 people to act. If there are no raises, do you put the 400 in and see what happens?
            I do, but that doesn't make it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              OK - im in the SB and dealt 32 suited.... Two limpers so far and there are 3 people to act. If there are no raises, do you put the 400 in and see what happens?
              Every time ... you don't want to be open limping this hand, but it's nice to see the limp train rolling when you have it This is exactly the kind of hand that you wanna see a flop with a cheaply as possible.

From your position you could elect to put in a small raise to try and lock out the blinds ... you'd give yourself some other chances to win the pot later. Of course that depends on your table image, your stack size, your comfort level when bluffing and getting tangled up in spots. I'd try and buy position post-flop here, and see where it takes me.

Comment

• think I'm headed over the Borgata tomorrow. Wonder how sunday before New Years eve action will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  think I'm headed over the Borgata tomorrow. Wonder how sunday before New Years eve action will be.
                  Try not to get needled or raped.

Comment

• Well the button just raised to $5000 which means I am out....

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Try not to get needled or raped.
                      Well, if those were the goals, the night was a success

Comment

• On the button with 87 off. I wonder what the action to me will be...

Comment

• bought into a $1/$2 game for $300. lost it all. A decent pot lost when I flopped top two pair verses bottom set. a lot of it just pissed away because I was having fun and playing loose.

Bought back in for another $200. Lost about $100 of that. started to feel ill with myself. Decided I needed to tighten up and try to get back to just $200 down. Worked my way most of the way back to that.

Had about $275 in my stack when I woke up with AA as second to act. I threw in a normal raise, $6 at this table. Fold, Call, Raise to $20. Folds all around to me and I make it $40. Fold and a call. Flop comes AK7 rainbow. Other guy has a comparable stack to mine... I have him covered by just a bit. I throw another $40 in. He calls. Turn is a blank. I put $100 in. He shoves for whatever he has remaining. I call and ask if he has the kings. He says yes, I say ouch and show him the bad news. River is a blank and I rake a $500+ pot in a $1/$2 game. I finished with $600 on the night for a $100 win. Yeah me!

Comment

• NICE Hand there! Was hoping to have you say the 4th King hit and you won the bad beat pot..... Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              bought into a $1/$2 game for $300. lost it all. A decent pot lost when I flopped top two pair verses bottom set. a lot of it just pissed away because I was having fun and playing loose.

Bought back in for another $200. Lost about $100 of that. started to feel ill with myself. Decided I needed to tighten up and try to get back to just $200 down. Worked my way most of the way back to that.

Had about $275 in my stack when I woke up with AA as second to act. I threw in a normal raise, $6 at this table. Fold, Call, Raise to $20. Folds all around to me and I make it $40. Fold and a call. Flop comes AK7 rainbow. Other guy has a comparable stack to mine... I have him covered by just a bit. I throw another $40 in. He calls. Turn is a blank. I put $100 in. He shoves for whatever he has remaining. I call and ask if he has the kings. He says yes, I say ouch and show him the bad news. River is a blank and I rake a $500+ pot in a $1/$2 game. I finished with $600 on the night for a $100 win. Yeah me!
                              Sometimes it's not a skill game

Brutal ... imagine being at other end of that after a bad day.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Sometimes it's not a skill game
                                yep. I can't really say I had a successful night, but I'm glad to not have lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X