WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice profit in 10 hands.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Looks like the live redraw is underway....
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• So I hadnt played a hand for a while... got dealt A5 off in middle position. There was a limp in front and I thought I would make a play here:

Raised to $1000 (blinds 200/400)

So the BB called and the original limper called.

Flop is Kd 3s 4s.

BB checks - Original Limper bet $3000. Which was a pot sized bet. Total pot to me is $6200.

After thinking a bit here I see that bet as one that doesnt want to be called and is looking to end it there. Seems to indicate he has a K. Likely KJ or KQ.

I called the bet. Now pot is $9200.

I dont see this as a flush draw type bet. So Im figuring I may be able to take this if the flush hits, plus I have some other outs if I get a bit lucky.

Thoughts??
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• never mind ... he didnt fold the turn and i had to fold the river...... aargh!

Comment

• just cracked 2 guys with my 10s over kings boat, I'm currently in 13th with 95K
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Won $2600 when I pushed two guys out of a pot with a A9o and on the button. Flop was 7d 6h 6d.

Even better news.........table b70 is finally up for live reshuffle. We got a staggering 16 hands completed in 37 days! The pace actually picked over the Thanksgiving break.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Just bought a pot in the BB dealt K9 and called the raise to $1000. Flop was j 10 7 with 2 clubs. Lead out on the flop and turn getting called. Made a 1/2 pot size bet on the river and he folded up.

! History of this hand:
                ! 11/27/12 14:03:09! Dealing a new hand
                ! 11/27/12 14:03:09! No ante
                ! 11/27/12 14:03:09! Paul McMullin blinds $200
                ! 11/27/12 14:03:09! baldgriff blinds $400
                ! 11/27/12 14:04:10! SongMonk folds
                ! 11/27/12 14:04:10! Vic is on vacation and folds
                ! 11/27/12 14:16:59! Shyam Markus folds
                ! 11/27/12 14:16:59! diicode folds
                ! 11/27/12 14:18:03! Brian Cooper raises $600
                ! 11/27/12 18:01:03! Slam folds
                ! 11/27/12 18:01:03! Tom Daley folds
                ! 11/27/12 19:01:38! EWA_crushes_IBUFF calls
                ! 11/27/12 19:01:38! Paul McMullin folds
                ! 11/28/12 06:45:31! baldgriff calls

! 11/28/12 06:45:31! Pot right ($3200), flopping/dealing/drawing cards
                ! 11/28/12 06:45:31! 3 players
                ! 11/28/12 06:45:31! Flopped cards: 10c 7c Js
                ! 11/28/12 06:49:24! baldgriff bets $1000
                ! 11/28/12 06:51:52! Brian Cooper folds
                ! 11/28/12 07:51:20! EWA_crushes_IBUFF calls

! 11/28/12 07:51:20! Pot right ($5200), flopping/dealing/drawing cards
                ! 11/28/12 07:51:20! 2 players
                ! 11/28/12 07:51:20! Flopped card: 2h
                ! 11/28/12 08:02:18! baldgriff bets $3000
                ! 11/28/12 08:04:05! EWA_crushes_IBUFF calls

! 11/28/12 08:04:05! Pot right ($11200), flopping/dealing/drawing cards
                ! 11/28/12 08:04:05! 2 players
                ! 11/28/12 08:04:05! Flopped card: 2d
                ! 11/28/12 08:24:09! baldgriff bets $6500
                ! 11/28/12 08:30:45! EWA_crushes_IBUFF folds
                ! Hand over, no showdown
                ! Current board is: 10c 7c Js 2h 2d
                ! baldgriff wins $17700 (net $6200)
                +-+----------------------------+--------+--------+------+----+--------+
                |#| Name |Bankroll| Action |Status|Pot#|Pot Size|
                1| SongMonk | 43500 | | | | |
                2|V Vic | 28100 | || | |
                3| Shyam Markus | 21650 | | | | |
                4| diicode | 9650 | | | | |
                5| Brian Cooper | 33900 | | | | |
                6| Slam | 41800 | | | | |
                7| Tom Daley | 44150 | | | | |
                8| EWA_crushes_IBUFF | 23100 | | | | |
                9|D Paul McMullin | 44600 | | | | |
                10|> baldgriff | 34650 | | | | |
                ! 671 players left in the tournament, 0 tables down to six players
                ! A new hand will be dealt shortly
                Last edited by baldgriff; 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Needing some advice. I am in first position after the BB with As Qs. Preflop I bet $2000 and i got 1 raiser who bumped it up $4000. I called and flop was 7d 8s Qd. I checked and he bet 10k. I feel I need to fold.
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                    Needing some advice. I am in first position after the BB with As Qs. Preflop I bet $2000 and i got 1 raiser who bumped it up $4000. I called and flop was 7d 8s Qd. I checked and he bet 10k. I feel I need to fold.
                    Fold top pair top kicker? Not a chance. I would at least call and if it were me I'd be making a healthy raise (if your stack is small then jam).
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Fold top pair top kicker? Not a chance. I would at least call and if it were me I'd be making a healthy raise (if your stack is small then jam).
                      This. You can't fold. It's unlikely he has 77 or 88 ... possible yes, but unlikely ... you don't normally get 3-bets in games like this with mid pairs. AA and QQ are less likely given that you have an AQ ... especially QQ. KK is the likeliest holding IF he has you beat. You just gotta roll with it at this stage.

If he keeps betting on later streets the more polarized his hand will become.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        This. You can't fold. It's unlikely he has 77 or 88 ... possible yes, but unlikely ... you don't normally get 3-bets in games like this with mid pairs. AA and QQ are less likely given that you have an AQ ... especially QQ. KK is the likeliest holding IF he has you beat. You just gotta roll with it at this stage.

If he keeps betting on later streets the more polarized his hand will become.
                        Yep, go get him, this is the time in the tourney where people get bored and start shoving big stacks around
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Thank you guys. I was just scared of him having KK. I need to remember to play the board.

I wound up winning as he had 9h9d. I JAMmed and he called what he had left. Knocked him out so I am now 28th with 78575.

Comment

• Antes just got added to my table. I'm sitting at 26.5k. I flopped a boat a couple of hands back but couldn't make any money off of it.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Yup antes started and I fold A8 in mid position to early position raise.

Comment

• The chip leader got added to my table, Im currently #2 in chips

Comment

Working...
                                X