Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Don't worry, guys. The Republican party has this all under control:

"We are going to replace Obamacare with something so much better. There will be plans. Health care plans that you never even heard about that haven't even been thought about right now." - Donald Trump
    He's found a medical tricorder from star trek the next generation

Comment

• Maybe he wants you to pass his healthcare plan before he tells you what's in it or how it's going to work.

Comment

• Does anyone believe this thing was a good deal anymore?

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Don't worry, guys. The Republican party has this all under control:

"We are going to replace Obamacare with something so much better. There will be plans. Health care plans that you never even heard about that haven't even been thought about right now." - Donald Trump
        OK. One exception.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• My health insurance went up 18.3%, as it has every year for at least four years now. Unfuckingbelievable how screwed up the health care market is. So my insurance is being downgraded again so that costs can be controlled, soon it wont be worth the stupid little plastic card its printed on. But it costs $1200/mo for a family of 4. In the recent past I was paying much less than that for faaaaaar better insurance coverage.
          Last edited by cardboardbox; 12-03-2016, 12:20 PM.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            My health insurance went up 18.3%, as it has ever year for at least four years now. Unfuckingbelievable how screwed up the health care market is. So my insurance is being downgraded again so that costs can be controlled, soon it wont be worth the stupid little plastic card its printed on. But it costs $1200/mo for a family of 4. In the recent past I was paying much less than that for faaaaaar better insurance coverage.
            Private coverage?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Private coverage?
              yes. We had fairly modest price increases for years until around 2011, when prices soared and/or coverage plummeted.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                yes. We had fairly modest price increases for years until around 2011, when prices soared and/or coverage plummeted.
                Yeah, that's the problem with the entire medical/pharma industry, they got greedy and nobody said anything to them at the time. One of the big downfalls of the ACA, and the Obama administration, IMO, was to not make the insurance companies that signed up for the ACA stay around for a mandatory period of 5 years or more, with set price increases. That would have likely kept private costs down as well, since there would have been an alternative.

I see the GOP now has a "plan" to repeal the ACA, but delay it for years while they figure out what to do...that ought to work out great.

Just so you know, the CEO of UnitedHealth took home 66 million in 2014...Good times!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Will the ACA kill rural hospitals?

http://www.startribune.com/in-rural-...rks/412836153/

One of my former colleagues works for a small hospital in MN. She has shared that with the lack of competitive insurance, the one insurer in the region is syphoning off patients and making it almost impossible for the local hospital to stay open.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Oliver with an excellent segment last night

Comment

• BTW, not that anyone seems to give a shit, but the house GOP finally released a "plan" to repeal and replace the ACA...of course, it lacks just about all important details, such as cost or coverage estimates...sigh.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Jason Chaffetz is a tool of the highest order...he tells the interviewer on CNN that maybe the poor will have to give up that nice IPhone, and invest in their own healthcare...I kid you not.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Jason Chaffetz is a tool of the highest order...he tells the interviewer on CNN that maybe the poor will have to give up that nice IPhone, and invest in their own healthcare...I kid you not.
                          It is one thing to hear such cluelessness from random citizen commentors, but to hear it from elected officials is so disturbing. I'm not sure what is worse: 1. those who understand that Repubican healthcare changes will lead to the most vulnerable and the most in need being screwed, but think it is for the greater good, since screwing those sickest few will mean a little money savings for the majority 2. or those ignorant putzes like Chaffetz seems to be, who doesn't even get that many, many Americans can't afford iphones or healthcare, and these changes are basically sentencing them to needless pain and/or an early death.

It just goes to show you that Trump isn't the first elected official to base his policies on ill-informed myths, rumors, and editorial news pieces rather than facts. This guy clearly bought into the welfare queen trope early, and never let go.

BTW, the Washington Post ran a story on the relative costs of a new iphone every year vs health care costs for even a healthy person (hint: all these poor people have to do is give up the 23 iphones they buy over a two year span, and they can afford coverage!): https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.724186d44e97
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-07-2017, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• chaffetz is definitely a d-bag. even my very conservative family members in utah loathe him.
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                              chaffetz is definitely a d-bag. even my very conservative family members in utah loathe him.
                              I believe many politicians think that being elected is a validation of every single position they held while campaigning, and also of every harebrained idea which comes into their heads after taking office.
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• can someone explain whats so wrong with what Chaffetz said? A new iphone 7 is $700, with tax around here its $758. A new iphone 7 plus is $942 with tax. I expect that if you're paying that much for a phone, you dont need help buying health insurance. I pay for my health insurance and I cant remember the last time I had a new phone. I always buy used phones usually < $200.

Comment

Working...
                                X