Rolling Stones draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respectfully noted
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• FYI for those of you who have never heard "Star Star": You should not listen to it at work.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Good time women is a better song.
        I like your Dandelion pick. I was hoping to roster that around 10.

Comment

• Guys, i hope im not frakking thisup but not linking songs, i just find it really tough on the ipad
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• No biggie, we all know how to access YouTube.

Comment

• Songs by decade:

'60s: 41
              '70s: 32
              '80s: 9
              '90s: 1
              '00s: 0

Songs by album:

Exile on Main Street: 9
              Beggars Banquet: 8
              Let It Bleed: 8
              Sticky Fingers: 8
              other: 6
              Aftermath: 5
              Some Girls: 5
              Tattoo You: 5
              Out of Our Heads: 4
              Goat's Head Soup: 4
              It's Only Rock 'N Roll: 3
              12x5: 3
              The Rolling Stones, Now!: 2
              Decembers' Children (And Everyone's): 2
              Between the Buttons: 2
              Their Satanic Majesties Request: 2
              Black and Blue: 2
              Emotional Rescue: 2
              England's Newest Hitmakers: 1
              Undercover: 1
              Steel Wheels: 1
              Voodoo Lounge: 1

We are two songs away from completing Beggars Banquet.
              We are two songs away from completing Let It Bleed.
              We are two songs away from completing Sticky Fingers.

Comment

• and the draft comes to a crawl...
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• DMT has timed out. Mith may pick.

Comment

• DMT has also filled up his inbox, so I can't PM him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      9.09 Slave (Tattoo You, 1981)
                      Musically, I've always thought this was a pretty cool little jam. The vocals just annoy the sh!t out of me for some reason. I wish they would release this as an instrumental.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• It may have been an instrumental at one time. Much of Tattoo You took basic tracks recorded between 1972 and 1980 and added vocals and overdubs to them. They were trying to get a new album out in time for a tour and didn't have time to do things the regular way.

Slave was from the 1975 Black and Blue sessions.

Comment

• Didn't know "Slave" was from the "Black and Blue" sessions! Damn good one, definitely would have been on my list. That's Pete Townsend on the backing vocals, maybe that's why they're so annoying (although I certainly could never hear him).

"Connection" is another good one!

My two "Exile" faves are still out there ("Shake Your Hips" was #3), I'm really scratching my head why one of them hasn't been selected.

My big sleeper is still out there, I would have taken it days ago!
                          One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• "Connection" was going to be one of my last two picks. Nice one Erik.

Comment

• 'Connection' and 'When the Whip Comes Down' were both on my list.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "Rip This Joint" was going to be my next pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X