X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I'll trade you for 'Loving Cup'.
    How about Dead Flowers?
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• "Not Fade Away" was the last track on my "get list" as I love anything with the Bo Diddley beat
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• 100 Years Ago ... I always get a Stevie Wonder vibe when I hear that song.

Comment

• Damn, 100 Years Ago was one of my sleepers. I love how it starts out as an Exile-style dirge and then morphs into a kickass jam.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Damn, 100 Years Ago was one of my sleepers. I love how it starts out as an Exile-style dirge and then morphs into a kickass jam.
            A lot of my sleepers were taken in the first few rounds ... what do I know

Doo Doo Doo Doo @ 1.04 was a shock ... I totally want that!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              A lot of my sleepers were taken in the first few rounds ... what do I know
              I have been wondering whether the UK canon of "major Stones songs" is different from the US canon, and if so, whether that affects your picks.

Comment

I have been wondering whether the UK canon of "major Stones songs" is different from the US canon, and if so, whether that affects your picks.
                Not for me. I pick what I like and just move on down the list once you sharks grab my picks.

I could have had Satisfaction with my first round pick, but as much as I loved the song when it came out, I am sick of it now. That happens when a song is played on 1960's am radio every 5 minutes. If I made up a Stones playlist this would not be on it. It is a good pick for the younger crowd who have probably only heard it 900 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  "Not Fade Away" was the last track on my "get list" as I love anything with the Bo Diddley beat
                  Agreed.

I actually had two picks in front of it, but was afraid it would be taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Agreed.

I actually had two picks in front of it, but was afraid it would be taken.
                    Well that didn't take long. No more Time is On My Side. Though it might come back to me.

Comment

I think maybe the history of the Rolling Stones is different, and how we look at them ... but probably not so much the music. The Stones were the anti-establishment figureheads of the cultural revolution of the 60's, and they provided the best contrast between stuffy pre-60's Britain and swinging 60's. If you see the Stones randomly on TV for some reason, it will more likely be footage of Jagger getting arrested for drug use, or making a comment to the press, than a song or a performance.

That's why I had t smuggle Marianne Faithful into the squad somehow (with the As Tears Go By pick). Her relationship with the Stones kinda sums up the rise and fall of the the 60's counter culture.

Musically ... I doubt there will be that much difference.

Comment

• Another sleeper pick swiped, with Ventilator Blues.

Comment

• Dang, "All Down the Line" was on my list for this upcoming pick. Plus, now that I'm at work I don't have the luxury of scrolling through my mp3's to see what my next pick will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                            Dang, "All Down the Line" was on my list for this upcoming pick. Plus, now that I'm at work I don't have the luxury of scrolling through my mp3's to see what my next pick will be.
                            Bathroom break!

Comment

• Songs by decade:

'60s: 30
                              '70s: 25
                              '80s: 5
                              '90s: 0
                              '00s: 0

Songs by album:

Exile on Main Street: 8
                              Sticky Fingers: 7
                              Let It Bleed: 6
                              Beggars Banquet: 5
                              Some Girls: 4
                              Tattoo You: 4
                              other: 4
                              Out of Our Heads: 3
                              Goat's Head Soup: 3
                              12x5: 2
                              Decembers' Children (And Everyone's): 2
                              Aftermath: 2
                              Between the Buttons: 2
                              Their Satanic Majesties Request: 2
                              It's Only Rock 'N Roll: 2
                              England's Newest Hitmakers: 1
                              The Rolling Stones, Now!: 1
                              Black and Blue: 1
                              Undercover: 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Bathroom break!
                                Which album is that song from?

Comment

Working...
                                X